1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Ya Gotta Love Texans

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Sep 9, 2009.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Ya Gotta Love Texans

TRUE STORY FROM... "THE HOUSTON HERALD NEWSPAPER" IN HOUSTON , TEXAS MARCH 5th, 2009 ~

Last Thursday Night Around Midnight, A Woman From Houston, Texas Was Arrested, Jailed, And Charged With Manslaughter For Shooting A Man 6 Times In The Back As He Was Running Away With Her Purse. ~

The Following Monday Morning , The Woman Was Called In Front Of The Arraignment Judge, Sworn In, And Asked To Explain Her Actions. ~

The Woman Replied, "I Was Standing At The Corner Bus Stop For About 15 Minutes, Waiting For The Bus To Take Me Home After Work. I Am A Waitress At A Local Cafe... ~

I Was There Alone, So I Had My Right Hand On My Pistol, That Was In My Purse, That Was Hung Over My Left Shoulder. ~

All Of A Sudden I Was Being Spun Around Hard To My Left. As I Caught My Balance, I Saw A Man Running Away From Me With My Purse. ~

I Looked Down At My Right Hand And I Saw That My Fingers Were Wrapped Tightly Around My Pistol. The Next Thing I Remember Is Saying Out Loud, "No Way Punk! Your Not Stealing My Pay Check And Tips." ~

I Raised My Right Hand, Pointed My Pistol At The Man Running Away From Me With My Purse, And Squeezed The Trigger Of My Pistol 6 Times! ~

When Asked By The Arraignment Judge, "Why Did You Shoot The Man 6 Times? ~

The Woman Replied Under Oath, "Because, When I Pulled The Trigger Of My Pistol The 7th Time, It Only Went Click." ~

The Woman Was Acquitted Of All Charges. And She Was Back At Work, At The Cafe, The Next Day!

Now that's Gun Control....

AMEN
  2. Tiny86

Tiny86 New Member

AMEN and that's all I got to say about that
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I like it, :)
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

Yee haw!!!!!!!!
  5. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

sounds about right....only thing that would have made it better would have been if she would have still been making it say click, click, click as the cops pulled up....saying please don't hurt me, please don't hurt me!!!
  6. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Yep I do like it here :D
  7. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Six hits on a running man after being assaulted.... hmmmmm. By my way of thinking they should employ her as a handgun instructor for the police department.
  8. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

I agree with that.:D
  9. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

he wasn't running after the first shot
    that slowed him down LOL
  10. steveb

steveb Active Member

We need some of that Texas law up in Minnesota.
  11. chucktx

our death row has a drive through............lol
  12. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Yep, no waiting line in Texas, New Texas saying "Joe's mortuary state smokes em we slab em" gotta like it, wished Oregon would do a few in and make more room as the waiting line is getting a bit long.
  13. Wideglide85

Wideglide85 Active Member

Here in Nebraska she'd probably be doin' time for defendin' herself.
  14. hotroadking

actually in any state even with a concealed if you are shooting someone fleeing you and cannot prove you were in fear for your life (ie the perp was shooting back or waving a gun as they ran) then you'd probably be put in jail and arraigned on charges.

While the castle doctrine applies to you, your car, your home, your office, the purpose is to defend yourself, not take revenge for an act of violence, even though we'd all like to Dirty Harry the perp, the fact is you are not an officer of the law, even in some states detaining a person is a problem.

You have to be careful and cautious what you do and best to read the rules for your state. Most states have enacted the laws that eliminate the liberal left "flee first" rule where you had to prove you didn't have an opportunity to avoid or flee the situation without using deadly force.

Now, here in FL and I'm sure in TX you have the right to not be accosted nor do you have to flee, you can stand your ground.

Now the problem is you whip out that bad cold bold 44 and pump 6 holes in a guy demanding your wallet from 20 feet away and he's got no weapon, just a drunk, you're going to jail.

That guy has a gun at 20 feet pointed at you, then you have to choose, flip the wallet or the gun, I'd say, flip the wallet to the ground and when he dips, fill him with lead...

Not trying to take anything away from the story but in real life you pull that shooting as they flee and you're going to jail in most states, probably TX as well, you'd be charged..
  15. chucktx

i am trying to remember from class.....if they have your property....car, radio, purse....ect. you are allowed stop them. just dont hit anyone else!!!
  16. hotroadking

Under tx law looks like you could shoot whomever commits robbery to prohibit them from fleeing with your property with a few caveats...

PC §9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is
    justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible,
    movable property:
    TEXAS CONCEALED HANDGUN LAWS PC §9.51. 47
    (1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under
    Section 9.41; and
    (2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly
    force is immediately necessary:
    (A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary,
    robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal
    mischief during the nighttime; or
    (B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing
    burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime
    from escaping with the property; and
    (3) he reasonably believes that:
    (A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by
    any other means; or
    (B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover
    the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial
    risk of death or serious bodily injury
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  17. chucktx

is this a great state or what!!!!!!!?
  18. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Yep there was a older man here last summer I think that shot two thiefs who broke into the houst next door while he was on the phone with 911 & you cound here both shots , he got off gotta love Texas
  19. chucktx

i remember that.....
  20. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

yup. I remember that also....only potential sticky point was if the neighbor had ASKED him to "watch his property" while he was gone..... if he had not asked to have his property watched, then it wasn't his to guard......sticky...... but I remember that outcome! I REALLY need to look into all the laws of MT to see if I have the same rights.....