1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

You guys are the best!

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Hot01, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I was so pleased about my article. It seemed like a great series I could write about as time went on, followed by a visit to one of the stops. I got a boatload of hits today. Possibly some from the Biker Relationship article, but I'm sure quite a few from the Cannonball Run. I was feeling good. I'm unemployed, my son is going to be a father in a not-so-good way, he's going to Vietnam in 3 weeks, and, well, it just was nice to feel successful for a day.

Then I got that crappy comment on my Examiner article from someone who is a co-worker of sorts. If you have an issue, wouldn't you e-mail the person? Besides, if someone else wrote about it, and then I got 500 hits, wouldn't you think that maybe I had some readers that the other person didn't have? Just because someone else wrote about it, and my readers didn't see it, then that means my readers are SOL? :wtf: It totally ruined my day.

Then I saw Chuck's comment about my back..... side, and I felt great. Then I saw HarleysLR comment telling Jack to chill. You guys rock.

I've been on some other sites lurking around a little and posting a little here and there, but no place is like Bike Talk. I love you guys!
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

call em like i see em!!!!!!!!! a lot of articles are posted in different areas, magazines, television, forums.......you see one item of news on the tv, switch channels, there it is again!!!! i think the other person that had an article is very jelouse of you.....screw em.....no, wait..........do me instead!!!!!!!!! :)
    i really like your articles, informative and interesting, with a bit of humor for balance.....keep up the good work, you will go far!!!!!!!!
  3. BluePearl

BluePearl New Member

Keep posting them here with postit notes on who you need us to raze or even hassle I'm sure we can oblige! If they are givin you a hard time(in the public eye) over childish bs, they need to be shown for the true people they are - jealous idiots! From now on I'll make sure to find the comment section and keep my eye on you and your backside LOL ;)
  4. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Abby - I just the shots the way I see them , and you did a heck of a job on that article; keep them coming cause you got a lot of fans here at BT.
    And we all checked out the backside too. No complaits there! LOL:D;)
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

well I guess I missed something here , havent been on B_T for long in the past few days (bad head cold)
    But I have read enough of your writing to say that the other person is not as good of a writer as you ,& I'll bet he's a ugly hard head , So you look better & you write better & most likey have riden longer & rode longer road trips so you win hands down :cool:
  6. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

Abby

I actually gave Jack the courtesy of finding his article and reading it but I put my comment on your page Abby. Ya know, I must be getting senile. I've got tendinitis and arthritis in one shoulder a wonky knee..my skiiing is pretty much done, the hockey is pretty much done, I can't fold myself over a sportbike anymore, Marc just lost a good friend and a bunch of people on a plane to Detroit got lucky when some "zealot" couldn't pull his plan off to blow it up and here someone "promoting" motorcycling dumps on a fellow promoter. I cannot wrap my head around his problem at this point in time. Carry on kid..you're doing us proud..and thanks
  7. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Awww, thanks guys.

Sleepy, I think I'm done with hockey too, and it's killing me. Until I can get health insurance (on my own), I can't risk it anymore. My hand still isn't right from the wreck, and any stick handling or a good wrist shot wouldn't help.

Anyway, I'm feeling a lot better today. It's kind of interesting because there are a group of us women motorcycle Examiners who are really tight and promote each others' stories on Facebook. One of them bought 5 custom Snuggies from me for Christmas presents. Then a lot of the guys are total snobs and get snippy about the stupidest things. I don't know.

OK, off to get some exercise in so I can keep that back side in shape.:roflmao:
  8. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

:D you go girl;)
  9. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Abby , thers still a few guys who think a woman 's place is in the kitchen or on the back of a bike , & there wrong , & have been for a very long time , A long time ago about 1973 I stop at a truck in Las Cruses NM for coffee , there was few drivers that blocked in a woman driver , she was getting a real hard time from them cause she drove a 18 wheeler .I helped her out of the jam she was in & welcomed her to a tough world of drivers , I caught some crap from those drivers , but did'nt care ,
  10. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Sorry I didn't read the article Abby 2 more guys I know died this week (heart) so have not been on the board much. I think your articles all rock. My mother always told me and that is, It will catch up to them in the end. Just keep doing what your doing and stick with it and never give up.
  11. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

No problem FLHT. I'm so sorry you're going through that. Some jerk really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, and I really shouldn't have let it bother me so much.