1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

03 Jeep Liberty

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Razor, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Razor

Razor Member

I know it's not a scooter but it burns gasoline so I need to ask a question. Has anyone removed a high pressure hose from the power steering pump? Does it simply pull off on most vehicles? I can't see the hose because it's behind a pulley that I don't want to remove. I think it developed a leak.
  2. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

I haven't worked on power steering pumps for many years but because it is "high" pressure it will be some kind of A&N compression fitting or some new dodad that may require a special tool like on fuel systems. The main thing, to answer your question, is it won't just pull off.
  3. Razor

Razor Member

Thanks Tom. I suspected that it wouldn't just pull off.
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

agree with tom......
  5. KDiddy707

KDiddy707 New Member

Local auto parts store will probably have the tool. I think it is the same one used to remove A/C lines. Plastic or aluminum. Slips inside the collar and releases the line. Pretty sure the newer cars are this way