1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

04 Heritage Front End

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by CCiampi, Jul 8, 2004.

1. CCiampi

CCiampi New Member

I want to chrome the front end of my bike and am looking for a list of things that would be needed for my bike specifically. Is there a web site that one could put in the year make and modle of the bike and get a list of the parts? It would make it easier for me when purchasing different things. I am talking the whole front end from grips to calipers.
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

www.harleydavidson.com

Go to the link above select your model and year and you can see anything HD sells for the bike, if you want aftermarket any of the sites will have parts listed.
  3. CCiampi

CCiampi New Member

I have done that but what I am looking to do is make sure that I have everything listed that I would need to prevent getting the bike apart and then relizing that I forgot something, bolt etc. and having to run back and forth to the shop an or order additional items.
  4. ffflhtcui

ffflhtcui New Member

I don't know of any website which will furnish the information you want. Every time a get a new (or used) bike, one of the first things I purchase is a service manual from the dealer. For Harleys, they are less than $50 at a dealer which gives 20% off.

I looked at my manual yesterday and it shows a pictoral breakdown of the front end with every single component listed, down to the smallest washer. A service manual is probably the most valuable single accessory you can buy for your bike, especially for someone who is going to tackle a project like you are planning. It will explain, with pictures, exactly how to disassemble and re-assemble your front end.

Good luck!
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

How far do you want to go, Just the legs or everything.

If you're doing the legs,

Lower Legs chrome (hd has a good deal on these)
    Chrome Sliders
    Chrome Top covers
    You may want chrome front spacers
    chrome nuts for right lower leg
    chrome Drain screws.

If you want to go all the way

Chrome handlebars,
    Chrome controls and levers
    Mirrors.

Cables change to SS braided or chromite.
  6. CCiampi

CCiampi New Member

Thanks for the info....I am doing the top bars all the way to the calipers. I need to get the manual, do not have that.
    Thanks again!