1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

'05 Deluxe with Big Shot Longs and Deluxe Bags?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Kent, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Kent

Kent New Member

Took my pipes to the dealer and they were installing them, but ran into a slight problem. On the deluxe bags there is a brace that helps hold them up. The brace is on the bottom side and mounts on the frame. The pipes bracket would not allow for the bags underside bracket to be put back on. The bag is sturdy enough with just the two 3/8" bolts, but I would feel better with the brace on. I felt and tried to shake it and it's sturdy. Anyone have an idea? Maybe Vance and Hines will come up with a bracket for the '05 Deluxe. ??? Anyone? Thanks, Kent :)
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2005
  2. Tritipskip

Tritipskip New Member

it will work

your stock bracket will work, :confused: you just have to bend it a little, it will bolt rite up to the exhust bracket supplied with the V&H pipes. looking at it on my bike, I see the saddle bag bracket bolt plate with 2 hole in it, then the v&H bracket with 2 holes in it, then the V&H bolt plate on the exhust itsself with 2 hole in it. all this stuff lines up, 2 bolts hold it all together, you just have to bend the saddle bag bracket a little. i was told i would have to have a custom made bracket by one guy at the dealer, then the mecnic took the saddle bag bracket over to the vice, grunted a couple of times, then returned with my custom stock bracket and said no charge :rolleyes: , it took him about 30 seconds, very cool. im not even sure he bent it, because it looks the same. you cant tell anything was out of line or bent to make fit. let me know how it goes .

Steve
  3. Kent

Kent New Member

Update... Talked to the dealer and they "manipulated" the bracket into place. The tech told me he had to slightly bend it, but got it installed. I want to thank Tritipskip for the advice. I pick up the bike Thursday afternoon!!! :D
  4. Jackdaluz

Jackdaluz New Member

05 Deluxe

Am I the only one that noticed that the "Deluxe" is a Heritage Classic that's been stripped? The first thing new buyers do is change the exhaust, then they get a windshield and then they buy saddle bags. They end up with a Heritage clone, but they pay much more after they add up the necessities for the stripped "Deluxe". . Why not just buy the Heritage and save the cash?

Jack
  5. RocketCityRider

RocketCityRider New Member

Chrome

I believe the Deluxe has more chrome do-dads from the factory than the Classic. Different handle bars with risers, lower ride, tombstone tailight, luggage rack, different seat, different "classic" speedo, and mine came with a newly designed rim that doesn't have the steps in it. Those steps collect dirt and water. However, this may have been a dealer added option.

I think the overall look of the Deluxe is cleaner than the Classic. I'm not a fan of all the studded leather work.

I've added the Deluxe saddle bags and the nostalgic windshield and I don't think my bike looks anything like a Classic.

-RCR
  6. Tritipskip

Tritipskip New Member

i didnt like the studded leather either, and no, it looks nothing like a cassic. im just glad someone is conserned about how much money im spending. Thank you for bringing me around to my sences