1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

06 fxst build 95"

Discussion in 'Projects' started by mckittrick87, Mar 2, 2010.

1. mckittrick87

mckittrick87 New Member

i have a 06 fxst i had the heads port polished, running cosmetics .0030 gasket compression releases vance hines long shots arlen ness stageII beather kit adj push rods and a 203 cam...now heres my question how do u think this 203 is going to match up with a 95" wiesco forged 10:5:1 kit..im keeping my fingers crossed....right now im running kieth black forged pistons 10:5:1 this bike is a tourqe master..scared im going to snap a belt or twist a crank i just dono about the big bore kit matching up with the cam

also jetting suggestions ..i have a couple threads posted on here been awhile since i have been on

lets here some gossip here this is my first project its been sketcy started out just doing the cams...oh boy im in deep now!
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

sounds lilke a nice project........BUT..........:worthless:
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

did you put a new drive belt on in your way to making a TQ monster ? if not how many miles & did you check for any abnormal were? the belt is a good deal but also a weak point for the hotter engines
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

203's timing tend to make detonation a problem with some engines,
    you will need to have it tuned, timing and fuel must be set..

Get a compression tester and check each cyl cold, air cleaner removed, spark plugs out of course and throttle open.
  5. mckittrick87

mckittrick87 New Member

i dont know where i can git pressure tester...and the belt im hoping it gits me threw till the tire change ...3x stronger belt ..cost me about 300 installed ive already checked into that my worry is busting a belt and throwing the counter wieghts out of balance but im using the stock ignition so rev limiter is 5800 im hoping it will save me lol ..its carbed ........how in the heck do i post pics on here...its a pretty sweet ride my first softail...2nd harley....i just turnt 23 ....kinda my dream bike
  6. chucktx

any automotive compression tester will work.....pretty cheap at napa or some such.....

to post pics, click "go advanced" under your post.........then click on manage attachments.....then click on browse......find your pic then click on it......then click post...

if ya still having trouble you may send them to me via email and i will post them for you......
    ckn 111 @yahoo.com

no spaces, all one word
  7. mckittrick87

mckittrick87 New Member

HERES THE PICS!!! now the back floor boards im not a big fan of but i think my g/f...of 3 years might...front floor boards i LOVE THEM worth every cent im not fighting the air anymore...crome hot toppers has the arlen ness mirrors and lowering "slam" kit drag the pipes once in awhile turning right im going to adjust them....put it this way when i got the bike back in october the bike came from an auction it had flat rear tire compltely bald front needed brakes, air filter pretty sure it was the orig and the bike had 12000 miles ....i got the handel bars, arlen ness mirrors, breather, new tires and brakes all around, all fluids changed $10,700 and i got all my money back from a 07 1200 sporty i think the guy did me pretty well...hes also the one who builds the bikes around here...i know of atlest 10 bikes running around town that are 100+hp in a town of 7000 population

Attached Files:

• 0_1.jpg
      0_1.jpg
      File size:
      100.5 KB
      Views:
    • 0_2.jpg
      0_2.jpg
      File size:
      97.8 KB
      Views:
  8. mckittrick87

mckittrick87 New Member

heres another pic taken a few weeks ago, the bike was done at the shop and they wanted to go do to everyone else fighting to git there bikes in. i pulled up the alley and my dad was standing there and he just HAD TO GIT A PIC..i live about 1/4 mile away from the shop main roads were clear but i came home and gave her a good cleaning to git the salt off..ps now i know why people move to warmer states its killing me looking at the bike and paying for it!!

Attached Files:

• 0_3.jpg
      0_3.jpg
      File size:
      35.5 KB
      Views:
  9. mckittrick87

mckittrick87 New Member

hey by the way im currently running the kieth black domes 10:5:1 with the 203 all the other goodies...now im vtwin forum i thought i had spark knock im running screamin eagle coil, screamin eagle high compression spark plugs 93 octance mix ...i have a knock due to piston slap so im just going to go to big bore my cylinders have like 13-14 thousand miles....the rings i was at the shop for this part they had to be trimmed to .0021 and "supposably" the pistons at .003 three thousands ..now i called the harley shop went above the mechanic at the local shop they said it required 1 1/2- 2 so im a 1000ths off ....the motor has about 80 miles on it with the pistons and it still smoking and the piston slap i think theres a problem with my cylinders maybe a bad sport or what not mechanic is standing behind it saying there forged pistons and thats what u git with that but for my sake and future sake ..case i wana sell the bike i want a quite engine

now my dads old bike 02 carbed 95 big bore flat tops port polished heads shaved .0040 with a .0030 gasket and a andrews 255...stock ignition..quite as could be, i just hope going big bore fixes my problem!!! if not i guess i have 300 in a set of cams and 250 in a set of pistons that i wasted money on!!! might be looking for a ignition module for this bike of mine so i can change the timming i took out and sold on ebay screamin eagle ignition module i had put in with the cams that was for stock compression...i didnt question the stock compression i took it out and put my stock back in
  10. chucktx

very nice ride!!! thanks for the pics!
  11. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Don't know what you are loookin for the bike to do.

I'm not a fan of the 203 cams.
    And all these deceisions should of been address and homework done so yer head man could cover for you.

On a bike as light as you have, I would of liked a woods 6 or a andrews 37 cam.
    You can talk to yer head porter on what he did and what cam he suggest.
  12. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

nice looking ride in the first two pic's , Not sure about all the white stuff in the other pic:D ,& just flip up the rear boards when she not on there