1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

06 Harley sportster 1200L Help

Discussion in 'CV Performance' started by DieselDom, Aug 21, 2018.

1. DieselDom

DieselDom New Member

hello this is my first time work on motorcycles and I need a little guidance. A friend of mine had a 06 sportster in storage for about 10 years, maybe longer. The bike has a cv carb with a 190 main jet and a 48 low fuel jet the rest of the carb is stock to my knowledge along with the rest of the bike. He was wanting a little more power out of it without killing fuel economy. I was going to get the cv performance premium tuner kit and rebuild the carb along with an intake and complete service. Would it be beneficial to go with a high flow petcock, bigger line, and inlet fitting? Would that hurt fuel economy? And what size jets come in the premium kit? Any advice is greatly appreciated thanks!
  2. Dkstar

Dkstar New Member

Stock jets for 2004 to 2006 Sporty and many other Harleys are: 42 Slow Jet and 170 Main jet. If you look on the CVPerf site under Tuner Kits CVP recommended jets for 2004- 2006 Sporty are 46 and 185. Getting a Premium kit is smart IMO. I do not think a high flow petcock, bigger line, or inlet fitting would make any noticeable increase in power unless very major engine building and even then it would only serve at WOT for maybe a few HP gain. More power takes more fuel.