1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

'08 Harley new throttle control

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by steveb, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Hdtractor1

Hdtractor1 New Member

I had many used and rode some Honda's when I wanted a new one and could not afford it....its all in what you want I guess...so are you saying only the new ones rides nice and smooth?...lol...
  2. viking

viking New Member

I have ridden many bikes.There will always be a place in my heart for my shovleheads But.I to have never ridden anything like my 08 flhx.I can get on and stay on almost all day.
    Viking
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i have had old panhead ridgids that i could ride all day, for days. camped at night. they were very comfy, but i had good seats. solo for the most part and made by mustang. for 2up, the 06 is very comfy. the ol'lady says the days of sitting on a ridgid fender.....no seat, just an X marked in the dust on the fender...are over!!!!!!!!!!! lol lol lol
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

heck even I don't wanna sit on an X in the dust on a hardtail LOL
    Screw it, rather ride and enjoy it.

My 09 RG is smooth, cracked it open last night hit 110 no bobble or wobble,

and that's stock...
  5. 1988flhtc in nfld

1988flhtc in nfld New Member

hey viking. regarding the small windshield. my electra glide had a 4" windshield,home made. i got a flare windshield from klokwerks,dark smoke, looks real sharp. its supposed to be the cats ass, for keeping the rider out of the elements. its 6". any one try one yet, and like it. did i mention only 160 bucks.
  6. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Heck I though a stock bike quit at 105
  7. steveb

steveb Active Member

I could not say what the top end is on mine . I have never went over 100 mph on it to know. Had a bird hit me in the face at 125 mph on my other bike so I have not found any good reason to go that fast again. Stuff comes up at a guy quick when you are over 100mph.
  8. chucktx

i have had mine to 110...............
  9. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

:D and that was down hill chuck? :D
  10. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

120 twice before any mod's on my 03 once after the mod's now just cruse hwy around 75-80 & try to stay around the speed limit signs local :D
  11. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

The fastest speed limit we have here on the freeway is 65, however I've had it up to 80 a few times. Locally, do the speed limits and freeways usually run 70.

Had my bored out 99 RK up to 120 in eastern Oregon on a lonely back road, only thing there to worry about is cattle on the road. :eek:
  12. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

It ain't a EFI so the speed a carbueratored bike ran and a EFI is different.
    Yers was also before the EPA stuff started, and if they do emmissions it will probaly be the 1st to not pass .

Since I did my motor, mine will be 2nd if they open up the throttle.
  13. viking

viking New Member

Never tried the flared windsheiled but was considering it.Then a buddy told me he tried it and it was not very good.I put a 6'' windshield from harley on and find it alot better than the stock 4''.I tried a 9'' it did not come in black,put it on did 2 miles with it and took it off.The top of the windshield was right in my line of sight and I did not like the look of it.The 6'' black is the best of both worlds for me.
  14. BluePearl

BluePearl New Member

Only guy not happy with 6 inches

I started with stock went to 9" smoked - didn't like, tried 6" - didn't like, went to black 3" deflector is perfect for me moves the wind up off your chest so no fatigue but still gives you the cooling of the wind. It even helps with small to med bug deflection but those big suckers still come straight into the teeth,works well up to 70 mph but that's it. At 110 you don't want to seat up to straight -- I mean "I think at 110 it could be hard as I would never go that fast" ;)

PS On those flared windshields I have heard nothing but bad things from wind "swirling" in your face and the curved surface is distracting to look through!
  15. chucktx

i was heading south.....and it was a loooong stretch of hiway!!!:)