1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.
  1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Ugh.

We've had a cool and rainy spring here, but I'll take that over high heat and humidity. This weekend when I worked, it was cloudy and cool on Saturday, and it rained a little on the way back to where I stayed. Yesterday it was sunny and hot - probably a 20 degree difference between the days. That's tough standing out in a parking lot all day, and then having to put on long sleeves and gloves to ride around the parking lot once or twice. After such a hot sunny day, it rained on me on the way home. Thunderstorms. At least it didn't get bad until the last few miles. It felt good, but I hate that the bike's now a mess.

A friend said recently that he wants to live in Texas because it's warmer. I told them how bad you are suffering right now, but he thinks that living on the coast would be better. Is it?

Stay cool!
  2. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

gonna be 101* today
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

the heat and humidity is just as bad if not worse along the coast. and the salt air ruins all chrome products. but if ya like sand in your crack and salt on your vehicle, the coast is the place for you!!!!!!:)
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

yep chuck said it all , I'am about 30 miles from the coast & out in the middle of not much & love it :cool:
  5. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

iowa .............gettin warm also..100+humidity
  6. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

The worst Humidity I can remember here in the states was when I was at Enginemen A and B school at the Great Lakes Navel Center in the summer of 1970. First time I saw a fire fly to, weird looking little glowing bugs.
  7. cardboard

Think the guberment is spraying so many chemicals they have really put a dent in the fire fly population.

If they was gonna wipe something out I would want it to be love bugs.
  8. CD

CD Guest

Here in Sunny Tucson Aridzoner it was 104 at my house so we said screw that and drove up Mt Lemmon to cool off. The temp gauge in our Durango is about 1-3 deg from spot on but I was really glad I didn't live in the foothills as the temp gauge shot up to 111. Pre Monsoon about 30% humordidity so the oven was in full blast mode. Up on top 1/2 hour later 8500' 78 degrees, sitting in the ski lodge eating chili. Being retired ain't half bad. :D:cool:
  9. FLHTbiker

Hey CD just got home and I'm at 500 feet its sunny and 78 F and going for a ride, only thing I wished is that I can't wait till I'm retired, 2 more years. :)
  10. cardboard

Well it busted 100* today, we broke a record, it was 104* today in Livingston.
  11. FLHTbiker

80 here with a little bit of humidity, but better than 104 for sure.
  12. cardboard

If you was out in it much it was hard to breathe.

We blew a heater hose in Onlaska and had to work on it in the heat on the side of the road. Went into a auto parts store and got a hose and antifreeze :cussing:
  13. FLHTbiker

And here I was bitching sitting in the sun working on my wifes pond pump. It did make me perspire a bit, cold beer took care of that. Got it running, electrical issues. Can't imagine how you all do it. I'd be in doors with the A/C running. Don't get a heat stroke on us Cardboard.
  14. cardboard

I sweated so bad I smealed like a Pole Cat !
  15. chucktx

my thermometer today at 4pm....

Attached Files:

16. cowboy

hit 104 here in Alvin as well & the heat index made it about 110 in the shade had to go to town so took the old dodge cummins & AC on High :cool:
  17. FLHTbiker

We had a cool breeze come in at 4 PM and cooled it down to 68 F, dang had to put the long pants back on, cold. :)
  18. chucktx

today, in the sun and 2:30pm...........

Attached Files:

19. FLHTbiker

You sure you don't have a torch under that thermometer. Its 65 F here and cloudy but no rain. Good sleeping weather.
  20. cowboy

Mine hit 103 in the shade today heat index made it about 109-110 then about 5pm cst we got some rain :cool:& did my yard need it but it made it seem even hotter :witsend: