1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.
  1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Had a friend come over this evening on her Harley and needed some help installing chrome and heat shields by the seat. The 65 F sure made it nice to work in.

To work where you guys live in the hot south you must get up at 3 AM but its probably still warm then to. :(
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

101 today about 1pm cdt in the shade , still have the hottest part of the day to come :eek:
  3. FLHTbiker

66 here at 11:30 this morning, hottest part of the is supposed to get to 84. Nice out right now, need to go for a ride. Got a star light ride to go on tonight put on by the local CMA group, its always a good ride.
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i have been doing most of my riding at nite....much cooler!
  5. FLHTbiker

Chuck, we just got back from the Star Light Ride 11PM. Ride started out at 5 PM and headed up into the hills. We took two of the windiest roads in this area there is. Many corners were so sharp it was first gear and using the friction zone. Great time and it cooled down from 85 to 62, bit cool coming home. Another ride tomorrow up the Wassugal River, only supposed to get to 78 tomorrow. :(
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i will tell ya bout my rides in december and january :D:D
  7. FLHTbiker

Yea, you guys get better riding weather for sure in December and January than we do, heck I can throw in November, February and even March to for lousy weather. Were making up for it now anyway. Todays ride up the river was really nice, perfect riding weather, sunny and 78 F.:D
  8. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

We aren't having real hot temps yet, but it also rains violently just about every day. It isn't even a matter of IF it will rain but if the rain will include hail and tornadoes. It's getting a little old, but I think the farmers are happy.

Stood out in a parking lot south of Denver all weekend. It was hot, but not unbearably so. Got 7 more people riding. Started with 11. One dropped the bike within the first 5 seconds of throwing her leg over it. She didn't last long. Then another called in this morning with a migraine. By the time we were testing, a couple of them still couldn't start off in first gear without stalling it a couple of time first. :banghead: I hate it when students have the disappointment of not passing, but some people really don't need to be out there. Came home and slept for 2 hours.
  9. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Man we have a cool front comming in just going to be in the mid 90's & maybe some rain :rolleyes:
  10. FLHTbiker

It's 71 right now at 9:10 PM and it made it up to 81 today. However, tomorrow will be 90. Time to head for the mountains or the beach. :eek: