1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

107 Kit & cams

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by cardboard, Nov 11, 2013.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

I listened to the Dealer say it would void my warranty over and over.
    It really hits me upset to have a dealer to say that everything I do will void my warranty.
    Asked them if they would write that down on Paper.
    One dude that pushed it is no longer there. He's History.
    I screamed at him with a Dealership full of people. And A lot of their customers left.
    You can't make something that ONLY you can work on. If you do you have to provide service for free.
    Couldn't get them to. They said they didn't have to work on my bike. They could refuse service if I did this or that.
    Couldn't get them to write it on paper.
    I got upset and told them what they could do with their warranty.
    So I went all out and built the motor.

So you telling me It would Void my warranty is not really something I want to hear.
    You telling me that it would void my warranty is not nothing I want to hear.
    Tried to get the dealer to write that on Paper with a dealership full of people. One dude is not there anymore.
    And they refused to write it on paper.
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

No, I'll just stick with my Harley computers and Sert as like I said they are working perfectly.

And you would be screaming at the top of your lungs if they did void your warranty. Then you would hire a attorney and spend tons of money only to loose again.

No thanks dude my Harley runs really good and don't need some fancy fan dangle thing stuck on it.
  3. cardboard

Hey FLHT I just did a 107
    Ya think I still have a warranty.
    Screw Harleys Warranty.
    I will fix it myself .
    If HD had of built the bike right. I wouldn't of had to do it myself.

And this ain't the 1st TM i've had on my bikes.
    Never had any problems out of them.
    But I have had problems with the Sert.
  4. FLHTbiker

I will like I said keep my Sert and never had a problem with them. You just seem to be never satisfied with your bike and always wanting to change things. My Sert has been on my bike for 2 years and still running great and strong. Maybe I just have a better tuner than you ever had with the Sert. But Mike Stegman is the best with the Sert.
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Actually the dealer can refuse to do work on your bike,
    it's their choice, they are an independent shop to an extent
    not owned by HD, however doing so on warranty work you
    simply have to call the factory, remember the dealer warranties nothing

Harley is the warranting party.
  6. FLHTbiker

That's right HRK, I was in the dealer once and a guy had a engine failure on his ultra. The Harley rep was at the shop and looked at the guys bike. Saw a trailer hitch mounted on the bike and immediately told em no warranty. Guy had to pay for it all himself. Don't think he was pulling anything when it went south. Word went out if yea have a motor issue pull the trailer hitch before you bring it in, even if your on the road.
  7. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Harley doesn't sell a trailer I guess....But if he had a genuine HD side car,would the warranty have been honored?? I don't think a trailer would be any harder on the engine than a side hack:rolleyes: Any time they can get an out,they'll take it.
  8. cardboard

What do you want me to do , sit in the house all the time and watch tv.
    Most people that buy Harleys change things., Header pipes, mufflers, High flow air kits. upgrades motor kits.

I've ran a TM on this bike for 3 yrs.
    Ran it on another 07 bike.

Not many of us can afford the top of the line HD bikes.
    I refuse to give HD 40,000 for a bike.

you keep your sert.
    you don't have a better tuner than me.
    Just a person that knows how to tune yer Sert.

And i can't take my bike to Mike.
    And not paying 500.00 for a sert.
    And it marries to the bike. I'm against that also.
    They told me that. And several customers overheard what they said.
    And could see I was frustrated with the Dealership.
    They come over and said I will not buy anything here if that is how they feel, and walked out the door, while I was still pissed off talking to the dude at the dealership .
    I want everybody to know about a dealership like that. I want a lot of people to put pressure on them.

The same chain of dealerships, I had some of the power coating to come off the frame on another bike. & my tranny was making a noise.
    They was gonna take touch up paint and touch it up. And said the tranny was fine.
    I said No way. Took it to a dealership 100 miles away.
    They had to fight but got it repaired like new. And replaced all the bearings in the tranny under warranty.
  9. FLHTbiker

Agree 100% on that one. I pulled my cargo trailer across the US when we went to the Vietnam Wall in DC. Never had any problems either. That was on a 103 motor.
  10. cardboard

Seen on a Old EVo that a dude had and was pulling a trailer behind his bagger. The frame at the front down tubes broke loose.
    He had a buddy of mine to reweld it for him.
  11. FLHTbiker

I've seen some guys pulling a huge camping trailer and overloaded, way to much weight. His clutch finally gave out. With he and his wife on it plus the trailer he weighed in just at 2350 pounds.
  12. hotroadking

I believe it's specifically detailed in the written warranty about it voiding the warranty with HD if you pull a trailer, but I'd have to go read the dang thing, there have been a lot of innernet hoopla posts on this.

CB no what you have to do is vote with the wallet and go elsewhere I remember the frame issue, I'm sure HD wanted it painted and not to pay for complete disassembly, you're talking hours of labor they have to pay the dealer vs a half hour... So you found a dealer willing to fight for it, thats how you do it, and if you are going to put on the TM or TTS, SERT, PC5 you need to get with the SM at your dealer and ask him about the warranty.

My good friend is a SM locally and has been one for 15 years at least, told me HD is really cracking down on warranty claims on the dealers, it's not them, a dealer could care less if you pay him or the factory pays him, he just wants to turn bikes, cash and keep moving on as a business.

If HD did in fact deny your claim and they did the work they are going to charge you, that's the deal.

Again it's much ado about nothing in that you have no claims to file, warranty is two years anyway, my idea is to ride it for two years then modify it, or trade it...
  13. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

You wanna put stress on the front forks and steering head?! Put a sidecar on! I ran a sidecar for a couple years it builds up yer arms shoulders and back muscles. That's why there's earl style forks on those imported hack rigs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
  14. cardboard

The dealership Service mgr took the time to send the pictures to Harley and complain over and over.
    They sent him the stuff and he sent the bike out to a Paint and Body shop and if I remembered HD told them what to do and how to use the product.
    It came back and you could never tell it had ever happened.
    I didn't have the bike for like 2 1/2 to 3 months for all the stuff.
    I was about the climb the wall with no bike.
  15. cardboard

Seen a dude bring his bike to a dealership for some warranty work to be done
    The service mgr said before you bring your bike in I would take the trailer hitch off 1st
    Cause if you don't I can 't honor your warranty.
    To me he did good for his customer

HD made the rule
    They been getting a little tight
    But they need to start thinking more about their customers instead if the stock holders

A lot of their customers are getting tired of their song
    If you do anything to your bike we will Void your warranty
    Look at all the aftermarket stuff they have
    HD just wants the money for putting it on
  16. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

The fact is hes not doing anything different that we do while smart tunning. The fuel map changes are a requested change not a command the fuel offsets need to be learned after the o2 sensor con firms what the engine burnt via rpm and throttle position .its an alpha n input method of tunning the software is easier for the customer is all your not looking at a ve table your looking at tp vs rpm thats all .but the long term and short term fuel trims must be reloaded after they are learn.
  17. baggerpaul

Cam timing and ignition timing are totaly diffrent from one another.
  18. hotroadking

BP doesn't it though take into consideration the starting positions on the map,
    the closer the map the better and shorter duration to tune, and, you need to be sure you have a map that has accounted for the variations in cam timing etc.
  19. baggerpaul

without a doubt ! but like we look for the closest cam due to the vacum reading on the map sensor the software does not take the map sensor input as a load . so its a little more forgiving . they look at the wide band sensor as a confirmation that the correct amount of injector pulse witdh was givin . for the amount of fuel requested by the software operator . we look at the map as a load to ve and throttle input . all they are concerned with is tp ect wide band o2 rpm from crank sensor map is just used as a baro reading. just like the magnetti merelli system.
  20. cardboard

BaggerPaul don't know if yer interested.

But you should setup an account with Thunder-Heart.
    And look Now at going to White House, Tennessee to some classes they are giving on advanced tuning the TM
    They are offering some TM for a killer deal.
    And if anybody in yer area wants a TM and you are setup as a dealer.
    They will send the customer to you.
    And if the person wants the TM tunes they will send him to you.

Sincerely,

Alan Phelps
    Thunder-Max Customer Support

Click on the link below to learn about our FREE TRAINING and how you can become a ThunderMaxPremier Dealer!

http://www.thunder-max.com/techdocs/Thundermaxpremierdealertraining.pdf