1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

12.5 or 16 inch Ape bars

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Mar 13, 2010.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I think its a accident waiting to Happen, :roflmao:
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I'ed have to have a booster seat to reach that high :roflmao: or is he just airing out his pits
  3. RaKs toy shop

RaKs toy shop Active Member

I have bought two sets from these guys on ebay. they are good to work with you. plus they have 14" so if you can't make up your mind split the difference. my wife and I both have fourteens. Hers is a FXSTC and mine is a FLSTC both have thin seats and we both like them very much. we both had fourteens on our old EVO's also. Mine are not
    Wild ones I preffer the shape of his other bars he has several sizes and styles. the last set I bought were kit with chrome everything (cables, levers, switch housings and switches pre-wired with long wires no splices) but no connectors. I bought new conectors at harley (about 12 bucks)

EBAY item #230393168250
    1 1/4 Ape Hangers Wild 1 14" Handlebars PACKAGE Harley : eBay Motors (item 230393168250 end time Mar-27-10 06:15:50 PDT)
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

nice bars..............
  5. FLHTbiker

I got the Wild one 12 1/2 bars in, perfect size glad I went with them. Ran the wires down the bars, wired in the Heat Demons. The old cables that were installed with the wide Indian bars are the right length. Did have to extend the wries 6 inches. Just have to run the hot and ground wire under the tank for the heated grips (heat demons) and connect to the aux. wire. Then put the tank back in place and button it all up.
    One other thing I need to do is relocate the turn signals from the handlebars to someplace else and that will finalize the cleanup of the bars.
  6. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

7. FLHTbiker

Here are a couple of pics. I ordered from Drag a relocation bracket made for the springer for relocating the turn signals So the turn signals as of now are still up on the bars, ugly. Riding the bike after the engine mods and then doing the bars has made the bike like riding a whole new ride. Its got the power now and the bars are so much better than those wide Indian beach bars. Man this bike is just plain awesome to ride now. :)

I did put the new kit in upgrading the cam chain tensioner with the new upgraded oil pump. :) Good thing after 39,000 the inner tensioner was about 3/4 worn through.
    Went with the 95 inch seasoned barrels and 211 Cams. Yea I know there Harley cams but there giving me the torque that I was looking for. Had a friend come over and we did the work over a couple of weekends. I did the bars last Sunday and finished what was left today. Rode it to the HOG chapter meeting tonight.

First picture is a before picture.

Attached Files:

8. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

9. chucktx

i like the look!!! congrats!
  10. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Talkin about takin the Bull by the Horn's..................:D
  11. FLHTbiker

I put the Corbin seat that I picked up at a swap meet last fall on the bike today. That small backrest on the stock seat was killing me right where I had back surgery. The Corbin has a full backrest much better. I'll take another pic after I get the turn signals relocated. Rode it today as temp was 68 and sunny only thing I can say is I'm loving it. She just rides like a new bike.
  12. Welder

Welder New Member

Thats a mighty fine lookin ride ya got there flht biker. :D
  13. FLHTbiker

Thanks I think so to. Got to get the break in mileage done as I'm going to ride her to Reno at the end of April for the HOG POT training. Just hoping for good weather.
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  14. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

good choise of bars , Look's more comfortable
  15. FLHTbiker

I relocated the turn signals and can't believe what a pain it was just trying to get it to look right. Its all done and ready to ride, now if it would quit blowing and raining. :( Here is a couple of pics.

Attached Files:

16. chucktx

looks good!!!! thanks for the pics!