1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

1975 ironhead with a keihin carburetor.

Discussion in 'CV Performance' started by 1975 IRONHEAD, Apr 22, 2015.

1. 1975 IRONHEAD

1975 IRONHEAD Member

So I just bought the rebuild kit and it doesn't come with the float pin spring. Where can i find one and do I need it? Also can I upgrade my 1975 ironhead 1000 to a cv carburetor? I just bought this bike and can't wait to hear her run! All she needs is some carburetor love. Any advice is greatly accepted. Thanks
  2. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

How about an introduction?
    badinfluence63 likes this.
  3. 1975 IRONHEAD

1975 IRONHEAD Member

no worries I figured it out! What do you mean introduction?
  4. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

Usually for the first post most people tell us a little about them and what they ride...Were kind of like a big family here...Not much we can't fix if we put our heads together...
  5. 1975 IRONHEAD

1975 IRONHEAD Member

I'm from Tampa Florida I'm 39 and I just bought a 1975 ironhead sporster. She doesn't run yet but not too far from it. The carburetor was in pieces when I got her so I bought a rebuild kit and its on its way soon. I'm very mechanically inclined so I do all my work myself. I'm sure I will run into a few things along the way that I need help on so I started this discussion. This is my first Harley and my second bike. I've always wanted a hog and when I came across this deal I just couldn't pass it up. I'm real excited about her and can't wait to hear her pur. I'm rebuilding this original carb. but plan to upgrade to a s&s super E as soon as I get the funds too. Well I hope this is enough info on me and my latest project. I'm looking forward to talking to everyone on here as I build her up and bring her back to life. It should be a fun and exciting project.
  6. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Glad to hear you figured this out. I believe the rebuild kit you have is from Cycle Pro that we sell, but not an item we manufacture.
  7. Adam Freitas

Adam Freitas Member

Hi Guys!! I am Adam , 46yrs old, I have a BSA 441 Victor and a 1977 XLH1000. I have a Keihen Screamin eagle carb on the 1977 Harley. Non CV it is a 27FA. My question is. after rebuilding the carb I notice that the Accelerator pump is constatntly spraying gas in the carb. When I crack the throttle open quick it dies. Any suggestions?
  8. Adam Freitas

Adam Freitas Member

I think the Valves in the bottom of the bowl are worn out.? Which I assume you have to get a new bowl to fix. The motor will pull with slow throttle.
  9. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

the pump should only spray when the throttle is twisted
    is it pushing out fuel at idle with no throttle being turned?