1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

1984-2012

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by JohnnyBiker, Oct 17, 2012.

1. prodrag1320

prodrag1320 Active Member

like i told ya on the phone,i have the ultima`s in my 127" flh,and have used them in other builds.ive never had probs with them,but they arnt S&S quality
  2. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

WFOLarry had responded on HTT about that he had some pocking. He didn't say how bad but I am curious, if he is getting pock marks is that really a normal wear indicator?
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Will they work, yep
    will they last, dunno, lot of elbrutos running around
    are fine, most have non rollers so there is little
    to go wrong with them,
  4. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

From companies websites.... JB ...HRK said that jirehcycles sells "seconds" not junk...

Definition of "Factory Seconds"

Definition:

When an item is listed as a factory second, it typically means that it failed the quality inspection at the end of production for a cosmetic reason. There is nothing intrinsically or structurally wrong with the item, but there is a blemish on the outside that prevents it from being released to the market as brand new. It likely has undergone testing to verify it is still in sound working order, and many times the blemish is hardly visible.

Advantages:

Often, consumers are able to get significant price savings on items listed as factory seconds. If you don't mind a small scratch or mar, you can find great deals on many electronics, clothes, games and even appliances.

Disadvantages:

Make sure you read each company's disclaimer regarding its factory seconds. The fine print can vary from company to company and occasionally the warranty may be affected; it may be nonreturnable and there may be other strict policies that need to be adhered to.

S&S:
    Our forged steel roller rocker arms were designed for superior strength and to eliminate the failure-prone stress areas found in some other rockers. S&S roller rockers are forged from 8620 steel, heat-treated, and then shot-peened for additional strength and protection from fatigue. Our rockers also utilize 3/4" long bronze bushings, compared to the more common 1/2" long bushings or needle bearings. The end result is what we believe to be the finest rocker arm available anywhere, for any price. Fits 1984-up big twin engines, 1986-up Harley-Davidson® Sportster® models, and 1991-up Buell® v-twin and Blast® models.

Ultima:

Made from 4140 steel forgings, our new rocker arms are the strongest on the market today. These new arms incorporate a 1.69 ratio for increased lift and will match our Ultima® heads perfectly. A best value product. Uses OE rocker shafts.

and to throw a 3rd in for comparison...

TP Engineering:

TP Pro-Series® Forged Roller Rocker Arms TP Engineering's Roller Rocker Arms are forged from 4140 steel and CNC machined for a perfect fit. Each rocker arm includes solid bronze bushings for extended life, and roller tips that reduce operating friction so well they can give extra horsepower over your stock rockers. Pro-Series® Roller Rocker Arms fit all Evo-style, Big Twin, Sportster, and Twin Cam engines. Sold in sets of four.

Ultimately(no pun intended:)) JB the choice is yours:cool:
  5. JohnnyBiker

I deleted my last post as it wasn't needed. No disrespect intended and I apologize. Yep, understood of the seconds thing.... My head hurts....
  6. djl

djl Active Member

Have a set of SE rollers and support plate with 3000 miles; made by Jims. You have my email, ping me if interested.
  7. JohnnyBiker

Email sent D :D
  8. bambidee

bambidee Active Member

imagine all those small needdle bearings bouncing around in you engine, your valve train takes a lot of abuse when you twist your wrist. have 6000 miles on my 94 evo rebuild this year with se heads, roller rockers and 565 b/w cam. rev limiter 6000, abuse it every now and then, do not cheap out on a part with a lot of small parts, IMO
  9. hotroadking

My experience with Jireh is they are not a quality company
    and they sell substandard products.

Its like anything you buy there are quaility vendors that sell
    very well machined or made products which cost a bit more
    however the reason they cost more is they are better, and that
    company took the time to make sure the quality of the product is
    beyond simply stamp and sell profiteers that take others products
    to china and say, copy this and make me 100,000 pieces so they
    can sell it for less.

Jirehs 6 speed is a clone of the Baker 6speed but it's no where
    near the quality, been there done that.

Again it's your money, the part will work, but
    I wouldn't bet my wallet on it's longevity, it depends
    on what you get, when it was made and if Xaun Lee Jones
    was on the job and gave a ratsazz...
  10. prodrag1320

prodrag1320 Active Member

i agree,havnt been able to put my finger on it (maybe the "seconds" thing),but seen alot of probs over the years from JIERA crap
  11. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

S&S roller rockers are cold-forged, then shot-peened to reduce further stress points (no one else does this). Also their bronze bearings are full length instead of only 1/2" at ends. Jim's (SE) are just as good.
  12. hotroadking

Tusng zu rollers were failing all over the place. People reported s lot of Damage Can't remember the co but they are gone now. No money left to fix customers bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

I have not seen anything made in China hold up longer than it takes to open the package. They make things so cheaply that the products are a complete waste of time and materials. There are exceptions, but buyer beware.
  14. JohnnyBiker

Yeah I read this on the web site. I think that I have scored a set a set of SE rollers with JIMS support plates for a really good price. I will have to wait just a bit to get them though..:cool:
  15. Tommyc

Tommyc Active Member

Are they new parts?
    I wouldn't put someone's else used parts into my motor. There's prolly a reason why those parts are not being used. Hummm.