1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

1988 FLHS crankcase breather

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Big Ben, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Big Ben

Big Ben New Member

A buddy of mine just bought a used 1988 Electraglide that seems to have had a number of weird mods done to it.
    It's got the stock(?) butterfly carb with an S&S teardrop air cleaner attached. What worries me is that the air cleaner and carb are held in place by a strut that is attached to what I think is the breather hole on the front cylinder with a bolt that is completely plugging the hole. The breather hole on the rear cylinder is completely left open.
    The guy he bought it from insists that pre-CV Evos don't have breathers and that those holes can be safely plugged, but the holes are where the breathers are on my 1993 FXSTC. :confused:

What's the truth here? Should I be worried?
  2. dutch

dutch New Member

Breather

All things being stock as far as heads those are mounting locations only. The breather line should be down by the top of oil pump.
  3. Big Ben

Big Ben New Member

Thanks Dutch!

That's one less thing to worry about.