1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

2001 Harley FXST

Discussion in 'CVP Stage 1 Tuners Kit' started by Donald Derby, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Donald Derby

Donald Derby Member

Good afternoon,

I have a 2001 Harley FXST 97" Carbed motor built with 10.5:1 corrected compression 195 psi CCP. S&S 585 cam and dynatek ignition set on 28B. The carb is the factory CV40 using a Tuner kit 200 main jet 50 pilot screw set 2 turns out. Also have the velocity needle and cvp emulsion tube as well as having the Hi-Flow elbow.

Runs and rides great with excellent power except for when cruising at a low rpm if i hit the throttle to accelerate the carb will hicup (heard in intake and exhaust) and then accelerate. I belive it may be due to the overlap of the cam but wated to see if there are any suggestions.

Thank you