1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

2005 FLHTC fuel mileage

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by mtlakehog, Aug 8, 2008.

1. mtlakehog

mtlakehog New Member

2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

WOW, :eek: that's way to close, glad your OK
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

yup, too close!!!
  4. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

HOLY F***!! That's WAY too close for me! I would've needed a skivvy change after that! Glad you're Ok....
  5. Breeze

Breeze New Member

Fuel Mileage

Glad to hear that you came out of it in relatively good shape!

I had a similar experience on I-40 a while back. I was on the tail end of the traffic and saw two 18 wheelers side by side topping the hill behind me. They tried to stop and started to jackknife. PETERBILT was getting pretter huge in the mirror when they swerved over on the shoulder on both sides of the traffic. When they got stopped they were about 5 cars deep into the traffic. If they hadn't gone over on the shoulders I would have been roadkill. Believe me, my butt had hold of the seat like a suction cup :eek:
  6. mtlakehog

mtlakehog New Member

Thanks Breeze!!
    Haven't found out anything on my bike yet. Going to make some phone calls Monday morning, try to get the ball rolling!!
  7. mtlakehog

mtlakehog New Member

Hi guys.
    Having trouble with the insurance adjusters, and the local HD shop hasn't touched my bike yet?!?! Trying my best not to show my a--!!! But the adjusters are just draaaaging there feet. HD shop says it will be aleast 2 months before I get my bike back. Looks like riding season is over for me this year.
  8. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

wow that really sucks!!!!!!! hope things start picking up in the insurance dept.!!!!!
  9. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

MT thats way to long for any adjuster to not have been there or call you I would be calling your Insurence company & let them work it out with them , They can get your bike started & send the other co the bill , been there done that :D
  10. HellBoy

HellBoy New Member

No insurance claim should take that long. They're jerking you around for some reason. You have to stay on them. Get it done, then get a new insurance company afterwards.

As for MPG, I was getting around 32 MPG. I now get 50 MPG. This is after a Stage 1 kit and a month or two later I had my ignition module changed. I don't know which thing affected MPG most, but it seems like the ignition module made the difference, but I can't be certain.
  11. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

No need of that ,time to start playing hardball...when you have an auto off the road for an ins. co. to fix, you can rent a car on their dime. Tell em to get their azz in gear and they're gonna rent a bike for you until yours is done.Don't be nice about it!! These guys will walk all over you if you let em...DON'T let em!!! Even start to mention the word "lawyer" to get em goin, they aren't your friends they'll try to lowball you with fixing it. It's a real PIA that that's what you have to do to get anything done,but it's what you gotta do 'cause they'll leave ya hangin til next spring if you let em.:fight:
  12. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

First thing is to get the HD shop to start charging storage, and to let your adjuster know until it's in the repair mode the daily charge for the bike being there sitting is $xx that usually helps.
  13. mtlakehog

mtlakehog New Member

Hey guys,
    Got my bike back from the shop. Took it for a ride to finish my shake down run on my carb adjustments. I had put in a 42 slow jet adjusted the carb while the bike was hot, the afm screw ended up being set at 2 1/8 turns. It's slow taking off from a stop now, and it farted back once so I turned the afm out 1/8 more but it's still slow on low end. And the fuel mileage hasn't seem to change. Any ideas?