1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

2006 street glide flhx poor idle when warm.

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Jeremi, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Jeremi

Jeremi New Member

Hello my 2006 street glide will stall when warm at idle. I've put the cvp carb kit in it. I used the 48 pilot jet and the 190 main, and replaced the slide with one theirs. My idle screw is out about 2 turns, I have no back fires when given throttle. I have replaced the intake seals once already to try to fix this problem with my old tune. Nothing changed. Any help would be great!
  2. Red Rider2

Red Rider2 New Member

Sounds like you may have a vacuum leak. Check the lines for cracks or just plain poor connections.
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Fire it up and get it warm, set idle at 1500 using the throttle stop, then take an UNLIT propane hand held tank, open and let gas go out and do it around the intake and carb, see if idle changes, if so, you have a leak, if the propane isn't to your approval, carb cleaner, wd-40 stuff like that will do well, but they leave a bit of a mess to clean....
    baggerpaul likes this.