1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

2007 FLHX Heel toe shifter falling off

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by wojo, Feb 18, 2008.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

1st thing I did to my 08 Standard was to take the heel shifter off my bike.
    I've rode all my life without one. I nearly didn't make it home before I kicked the sucker off. Got a cap to go over the end of the shaft to cover it up.
  2. wojo

wojo New Member

heel toe shifter

Thanks for the replies. i will keep an eye on it and if it starts to come loose again i'm going to use the heavy duty thread lock on it, i would think that HD would have used the heavy duty stuff, but who knows. theyve been fine taking care of it under warranty, but its a hassle having to take the bike to the shop or have it trailered in. i hope i dont have to mess with this anymore.
  3. Hdtractor1

Hdtractor1 New Member

Cardboard......Is that the most ya ever spent for a chrome cap/spacer. I did the same thing on my 08 sglide...I put the heel-toe back on my road king and kept the cap for the new Sglide. Of all the crap I have bought.....the cap pissed me off the most.Forty Bucks!!!!!
  4. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Was at the Chrome Motorcycle in Conroe gettin a set of kuryakyn Iso grips for my 08 DBW bike. Seen the cap on the wrack for 8.95, I grabbed it. Got the allen wrench pointed down so you don't see it. The one in Jpcycles ain't that much either .

Before I paid 40.00 for a cap to cover the shaft up for the heel shifter, I got a nice sawsall on the shelf. I'd cut the extension off 1st.
    Been riding since 64, things tend to gitin my way, like heel shifters , can't seem to git my foot on the floor board fast enough and not enough room on the floorboard. :rant:
  5. bruder68

bruder68 New Member

heard ot it

I heard of the problem but have not had the problem,I have an 07 FLHT and she runs good,put on 37,000 miles on her last year.
  6. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

bruder68 welcome to the site , man that's some riding you must be retired & or single :D