1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

2008 Lonestar Rally

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Dec 14, 2008.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Yep I do say it was kinda cool friday night about 38-39 degrees & yes I was in leathers as well , golden rope :roflmao: sat night was not as cold but had rain right before we got there so my bike just got dirty , but that cool as I just parked it got a cold one & watched the Idiots try to red line there bike for a few blocks at a crawl & rideing the clutch :cool:
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i went to the west end to try to find chris....the house was there, but nothing of his remained....bottom of house was cleaned out, couldnt see in the windows..................dont know what happened to him or his wife........:( no listings in the phone book either.........
  3. kiltedcylon

kiltedcylon New Member

I agree and that's why my wife and I take the kids to the local family restaurants only. But hell, my 3 year old (after my little accident this year) keeps asking: "Daddy, when I fall off my motorcycle will I have a cast." To which I answer: "Yup, and it's not going to be any fun until it's all better and you can get back on your bike." So will I take my kids to a MC rally?? No! - because that would mean I'd have to use the Motorhome and trailer the bike. Now why in the world anyone wants to trailer their bike when there are perfectly good twisty, secondary highways just waiting to be leaned into is beyond me.
  4. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

I would not ever take my kids to an event where it could disrupt the adults, but then again my kids have always been able to attend an adult function and know when to close thier eyes if need be or plug thier ears, though that was very x 4 rare but now my oldest is riden a scoot, and we have fun he also knows what is seen at the rally stays at the rally. A hog rally, a toys for tots rally, a christmas ride, that type stuff I would say ok and if the local silcone girl wants to show her latest investment, shame on her but now the black river rumdle, sturgis, daytona, iowa freedom, that type stuff then the parent needs a good common sense beating
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Chuck was his truck still inbetween the two houses? i was down there a few weeks after IKE & though I seen it setting there But no one was around it was a hell of a mess back then , He just might have said to hell with it & went back to north TX