1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

2011 CVO Ultra

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Sep 27, 2010.

1. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Yeah springers are hard to beat.
    It's why I keep my 124, won't find that in a cvo...
  2. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

as nice as the new bikes are there is a lot to be said for having no payments. the 103 is a nice motor..you'll like. A 103 for me involves splitting the cases as I'm on a 88/95. Once i'm off the picket line..[a long story] i'll look for a 96 inch Ultra..had one lined up..no job so no go. I have only one problem..my old bike isn't so strong but it runs really really well. It's like an old friend I'd hate to part with it.
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

It was hard to say no as the bike would have been really nice but no payments is really nice. I'll eventually do the 103 in the Ultra but I would also like to get rid of the spoke wheels. They look nice but what a pain to get air in the rear tire.
  4. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Know a lot of dealers are quoting Fair Market Value. Which I will not pay.

But you can find a dealer that is not moving bikes and will sell at or below MSRP

And then the best time to buy a bike is when its really cold outside and they ain't moving any bikes........
    If'n I was lookin at a new bike, think I'd look at a 2010.
    They still got the bushings in the connectin rods......
    I ain't sold on the 2011 that don't have them..........

Only time will tell......
  5. FLHTbiker

No work today so went out to the shop to get something out of the tool box. Looked at my two bikes and felt good I didn't trade em in. Little later put the riding gear on and threw a leg over the Springer and went for a ride. Felt good and would really miss that bike. :D
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

there ya go!!!!!!!!!! i really think ya made the correct call........hell i rode a pan for nearly 30 years.........still have it. i could get it out and ride with anyone, anyplace.........not fancy or real comfy, but it would get me there and back!
  7. FLHTbiker

Yep, that's a fact for sure. I think the 01 Heritage Springer Classic will hold its value or even go up. They offered me 2000 more on a trade than I paid for it.
  8. chucktx

keep them in good repair, serviced regularly....update them as you see fit.........they will last a life time.........i have no plans to remove the 06 from my stable.....just upgrade and keep repaired. great bike. change colors from time to time, new seat......just like getting a new bike at a fraction of the cost..............
  9. FLHTbiker

I do like the new frame that my 09 Ultra has. Handling is better than my older Ultras I've had. It sure ticked well going down the blacktop last week.
  10. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like you made a good choise , How dod like the new headers on the ultra? I did like chuck , on my shovel just did some up grades & paint ever year or so & like haveing a new bike & saved a lot of money heck even skiped the evo models Kick myself about twice a week for selling it :banghead:
  11. FLHTbiker

Cowboy, the new headers did give it a deeper tone and seems like the power was better. I was getting 50 MPG on it coming home. They said it should be put on a dyno, but will wait until I can do the 103 in it.
    I do like the color combo on the 09 and think its better than the current choices on the stock bikes.
    Don't like that Nike Swoosh their still using on the Heritage.
  12. cardboard

I sure do like the 110cu motors on the CVO's:D
  13. chucktx

engines are cheaper than a new bike.........
  14. cardboard

Brand New 110cu motor from HD is 6300.00

But that doesn't include the throttle body either.

You git everything on the CVO too.
  15. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

Good looking CVO. I've looked and lusted at these myself when at the dealer. Reckon I'll do it again this Saturday. We got the monthly HOG chapter meeting. Enjoy the ride - It's a ral beauty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  16. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

Good looking CVO. I've looked and lusted at these myself when at the dealer. Reckon I'll do it again this Saturday. We got the monthly HOG chapter meeting. Enjoy the ride - It's a real beauty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  17. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

If you have a 96 CUI base Twinkiee just order SNS 106 pistons and cyl, with stock heads its 10 to 1, get the heads cleaned up a bit, drop in a wood 7, or 408-44, or SNS 585 and you will get a lot more power than the 110...
  18. chucktx

soooooooooo....what does the cvo have that you dont have....and what would you want that the cvo has?????
  19. cardboard

If you had a 110 cu motor and you had a 96 cu motor.

If you did to the 110cu what you did to the 96 you would have a lot stronger motor...

Everybody wants to put a stock 110 to a built 96.

Don't forgit you can build the 110cu motors too.

A 110cu motor with just a good set of pipes, air box and a tuner is puttin out around 94 hp and 105 torque.

Install a Woods Tw7 cam and man please.
  20. cardboard

If you had a 110 cu motor and you had a 96 cu motor.

If you did to the 110cu what you did to the 96 you would have a lot stronger motor...

Everybody wants to put a stock 110 to a built 96.

Don't forgit you can build the 110cu motors too.

A 110cu motor with just a good set of pipes, air box and a tuner is puttin out around 94 hp and 105 torque.

Install a Woods Tw7 cam and man please.

Plus you git the SE tranny