1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

2012 Harley's announced

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

I appreciate new technology and automation like anyone. Harley has had to overcome a lot with the TCs. I wouldn't convert any of them to carb if it didn't need it. Mine needed it, Cowboy's needed it.

The new bikes are great, no question, but you have to take it to the dealer to fix most things now. I don't have the money to take my bike to the dealer. This economy has been killing me. That's why I like my one cam carb bike. It keeps me in the wind on the cheap. :D
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Tom , that's just how I feel about it , I don't have a sugar moma to buy me a
    New bike every few Years heck I rode my shovel about 25 years ? Just changed paint jobs ( new bike )
  3. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

He-he-he....knew I'd get some cards and letters coming in for that one.

Tom, I assume nothing about no one. Live my life doing what's tried and proven, and only try new things after someone else has spent their money sorting out the problems. That's why I had a carb on my old FL when everyone was drooling over the new Magnetti Morelli. MM was a royal pain in the ass! That was then--this is now.

That is a beautiful Fatboy HarleysLR, almost looks like mine. But my bet was not for built twin-cam motors. Mine IS stock, but I built that motor myself on the dyno at the factory, and knew some tricks. However, if you can make it to the meet-up with RedRider on July 29, I'd love to rip down the road with you.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  4. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Saved my money for a whole year, wouldn't buy nothin, spend money on nothin. wouldn't go anywhere.
    Took my old bike traded it in and put all the money I had for a year and put it down on a used bike.
    Got 238.00 a month I have to pay. Mama ain't payin for it either.
    I really wanted the new frame and fat back tire. What a heck of a difference.
    Glad I was able to swing it.
  5. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I always have to put big things like motorcycles in the wifes name as well. I say OK then, then you can help pay for it then. :D
  6. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

I let my bussiness go like 5 yrs ago. I work on the side.

The OL has a job, so she has good credit, I would of never gotten the bike financed with no job.
    She likes the new bike too. It will be my last one if'n I can git it paid for.
    I'm tryin to make as many payments as I can while summer work holds out.
    Didn't even take a trip for my 26th anniversary this year yet either.
    Workin too hard.
  7. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

I have to work on Fridays, Wednesdays & Mondays, So I won't be able to make it to Salida, We do live to close not to meet sometime and do some story telling and riding, Are you back in the saddle now or are you still on the mend from the fall?
  8. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

I'm healing up OK. Got a good check-up Friday and doc said I can ride for a couple hours now, increasing after 2 more weeks. I still don't want to ride to Pueblo though (too damn hot).

I think I pi$$#& off Tom about my comments on EVO's, but he irritated me comparing my bike with a stinking Goldwing, and inferring I'm some rich a$$#@!! who has to buy performance instead of building it myself.

Although, if I had the money, I'd buy a 120R motor cuz it's the best value peformance there is, period.
  9. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

:fight: swing when ya see an opening. :D
    I'll call it a counter jab to your comment about mine being wrenched on more than riding.

I'm sure we agree more than disagree anyway. And it all comes down to how much money ya got.

I hope you are feeling better. I can't make the rendezvous since I won't be leaving until the 5th.