1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

2014 HD's out on their Web Page

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by hotroadking, Aug 19, 2013.

1. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

Nope,,, Ride a bagger first, then report back.
  2. ultra200922

ultra200922 Active Member

Loaded & 2-up, baggers will out handle your bobber in any riding conditions. They may not have the old school look but the ride has no comparison. They are well balanced and do not feel as heavy as they are.
  3. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Isn't that a little like saying a Greyhound bus will outhandle a small car with a big motor :playful:?
  4. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

I'll be honest with you - I'd be a bit intimidated trying to ride a fully loaded bagger with a passenger. Think I'd have to do some weight training first, mostly on my skinny legs LOL.
  5. charlie46

Google Motorcycle rodeo and watch those guys (mostly cops) put those baggers through they're paces. If you have never seen them, it'll open your eyes.
  6. ultra200922

ultra200922 Active Member

Rear suspension keeps the tire on the ground, when the rear tire is off the ground where does it go. Put it on a lift and find out. I like bobbers and will more than likely own one, but better suspension and more traction means go fast.
  7. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

8. charlie46

There ya go JB. Try that on a rigid bobber. !
  9. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I got news for you I would have crashed. That guy is good and bet he practices a lot.
  10. charlie46

That's not news and yes they practice continuoslly. I've been to one Rodeo and you gotta be there to really get the experience. Don't miss going to one if you get the chance. One rider after another with extrodinary riding skills. Don't underestimate the skills of any Motor Cop.
  11. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I've seen Daytona Motors doing a U turn on Main street during bike week, try that with a two lane road that has bikes parked on each side....
  12. FLHTbiker

:) Our HOG team Road captains have to do that to qualify for the team. No big deal. Plus they make you do it with everyone standing around the U-Turn box watching you and yelling comments. :rolleyes:
  13. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

I go thru the twisties at a speed apropriate when possible. Its not fun for me otherwise. Followed a rider last Tuesday thru a mountainous twisty state route. The posted speed limit was 35-40MPH. He lead and averaged 60-70MPH+. I would catch him on the flats but would fall behind in the twisties....I do not care. I do not find the pressure of high speed manuevering fun. I enjoy a moderate and leisurely speed on average. To each his own.
    Tomflhrci98 likes this.
  14. FLHTbiker

I agree sometimes its nice to just kick back and enjoy just riding.
    badinfluence63 likes this.
  15. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Yup. Thats where I am and where I will be from now on. While 57 years old isn't dead I find its an age where I don't enjoy things that are supose to be fun but in actuality are stressfull. My adrenalin pumping days are behind me. Its all about relaxing and casual for me.
  16. charlie46

Smart man. Know and ride within your comfort zone
    badinfluence63 likes this.
  17. charlie46

Talking to a Brevard co. motorcop, I found that they spend one day a month practicing, also they drop them a lot while practicing,but it's taxpayers who fix the bikes. they don't have to pay for the dings like we would.
    Tomflhrci98 likes this.
  18. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Yep, nobody is born with those skills and you're gonna drop,crash the bikes developing them,scrapes and dings ain't gonna hurt the bike,but if you drop and ding the bike a lot ,you ain't gonna be a motor cop;)
  19. charlie46

Point is, Who wants to or can afford to do all that practice on they're own $20-$35 thousand dollar baby? Be glad and fun to try on someone elses bike.
  20. FLHTbiker

Yep, as Road Captains for the HOG chapter we do some practice but nothing like what those motor cops do. Our chapter has 4 training exercises a year to help those that need it for slow maneuvers. Like exiting out a gas station with a u-turn and other slow maneuvers. People have really built thee confidence up and really thank the Road Captain team. We limit it to about 15 per time and we have way more sign up than we can handle. It's always a lot of fun and people really like the encouragement and help.