1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

3 day ride

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Sep 9, 2012.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

What needs to be passed in the U.S.
    If I DA or anybody brings charges against you, and they loose or they find them false.
    The DA should have to be help accountable for damages he caused the person . And pay for damages.
    Instead of making a name for himself or money for the city.
    learn to live within your means.
    And stop screwing up the life of people.
  2. cardboard

Zero tolerance don't cut it in my book.
    Each case should be handled as it comes.
    I don't believe in setting examples.
    Handle the case on what happened.
    And if the toxocology from the Hospital shows NO ACKEHOL and the cause still goes to court. I think everybody needs to be sued.
    But they are exempt and can bring charged against you from a year ago.

If you got Zero tolerance. I hope some Big boys comes threw with some money and brings law suits against the police officers and the DA.
    You juding me on what somebody else did should be against the law.
    I am not somebody else. And for you to even state somebody else had a DUI wreck. You should be automatically corrected.
    AZ is where the Redlight cameras come from. So to me the State in itself has a lot of corruption in it.
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

It ain't just in AZ CB but it's happening everywhere. Don't know about your nephew but the drunk driving has taking to many good lives. Ive had friends killed in crashes caused by drivers that were drinking and deiving.

As for AZ and the red light cameras its not the state of AZ but a company a private company that makes and sells them, got nothing to do with the state itself. It's come because idiot people are running red lights because they dont think they should have to wait and then causing crashes.
  4. cardboard

You can keep this narrow frame of mind.
    And look at the gun laws.
    Just cause a few people use guns to commit crimes.
    Now we need to make it hard for everybody to own and carry a gun or buy ammo and restrict large capasity clips

You totally do not see my point.

And because somebody was drunk and killed somebody.

Now I go out and have 3 beers and I'm a couple points over the limit.
    Find me DUI and find me 25,000 and everything else.
    Its not right.

The system is messed up.
    And the people wanting to fix it is messing it up more.
  5. cardboard

And you still haven't heard my point. My nephew is having to go to court.
    His dad is having to hire a lawyer. And the Anticoxology reports from the Hospital shows NO Acohol in his blood. Even tho when he had the police officer to ask him if he had anything to drink and he said 3 beers and don't even remember talkin to the police officer.
    And this made a case a year later.
    The statement shouldn't be able to be used in court. Cause the person making it wasn't consience enough to know what was going on, and don't even remember it. They totalled a car when they hit a concrete pillar at 2:00 am in the mornin.
    They had no imemory of what happened.
    I think he might of fell asleep.
  6. FLHTbiker

Nope do not see your point and never said anything about or brought guns into this, you did that. I guess the laws just don't apply to you as you see it.:rolleyes:
  7. cardboard

If you want to judge my case on what somebody else did.
    Its the same with gun llaws.

Do not judge a case on what somebody else did.

If somebody is in a accident and they caused it and they was drinking.
    Put a Ball and Chain on them and put them in prison.

And if anybody gits up and says its cruel to put a person ona ball and chain.
    Ask them if they want to have one and be next to them.

Do not find them and judge their case on what somebody did before them.
  8. FLHTbiker

Look dude nobody is judging you for anything, get a life. You don't see the point of anything or anyone else except your own. Unbealivable :roflmao:
  9. cardboard

What !

This Ain't Burger King...........:rant:
  10. FLHTbiker

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
  11. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Yeah, yeah , yeah, the cops are all liars and somebodys sweet little angel is innocent. Whatever. But if it comes right down to it, I want MY SONS safe from anyone who decides to have 1, 2 or 3 beers then decides to drive. Of course your nephew was randomly picked out of traffic and picked on just because he looked sweet and innocent. Come on man. I think we'll just let this thread go...
    Next
  12. FLHTbiker

:cheers:
    :cheers: yep
  13. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

Well, I saw the group of riders who were doing the "3 Flags Classic" come into town for their first check-point this last weekend.

Each year a group (about 100 riders) meets somewhere in Mexico, then rides across USA to various check-points, then ride into Canada for the finish. The whole ride is over 3,000 miles, and takes only 3 days.

I did this ride 5 years ago on my Dyna LowRider. 3,400 miles in 3 days. I rode the first day from Hermosillo, Mexico to my home in Buena Vista, CO (1,300 miles in 24 hours) and slept almost 8 hours. Took off the next day thinking I was way ahead of all the others, putting in another 1,200 mile day. I crossed the finish line in Kimberly, British Columbia thinking I won, only to find out I was 12th place.

The guys who placed 1st thru 10th rode non-stop (only small naps to rest along side their bikes) with big gas cans in their saddlebags. My bike was totally stock and had jerky, water, and sandwiches in my saddlebags. Oh well, I was happy to have finished.
  14. cardboard

FatBoy I never said anything about your sons.
    I said a Police officer.
    Think Gilbert, Az has more that your sons for police officers.
    I wasn't trying to pick on you either.
    I'm upset for what is happening to somebody in my family trying to enter the Navy

But my nephew was in a wreck . He hasn't been in any trouble that I know of. He was still trying to get over his mom dying.
    And toxicology report at Hospital showed he had
    0 % of alcohol in his blood
    How do explain that.
    This is I guess why Attorneys has to be hired to see who is right and who is wrong.
    But when the toxocogology reports from the Hospital shows 0% Acohol, how are you gonna bring charges against somebody ?
    Is that right...............
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012