1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

73 shovelhead

Discussion in 'Projects' started by eieio4tn, May 5, 2011.

1. eieio4tn

eieio4tn Active Member

kinda what i figured. i got both for $15 more than just the regulator. hope it gets here by friday eve...wanna roll on saturday. i got da fever baaaad.
  2. eieio4tn

eieio4tn Active Member

i think i have decided to go birch white and black. bouncing the idea of powder coat black exhaust around. also wondering how pc black engine guard and bag rack would look. all electraglide emblems black. along with lower shocks and springs black. bars too. basically the only chrome would be on the engine.
    question...what are the possibilities someone put the wrong primary cover on my shovel ?? i have an unused bold hole in the bottom, and a plugged hole beside my starter solenoid. the last dude has stripped the drain threads anyway (has a nut and rtv inside, so you cannot drain it). guess another will take it's place.
  3. Augusta72

Augusta72 New Member

Had a 78 Lowrider,than a 80 FLH.One 74cu. than a 80in.. Shovels rule. Rebuilt both. So if you have any questions ask. I can tell ya what not to do... Good Luck and Enjoy
  4. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Cool pics of your scooter, thanks! And looks good, too! Yeah, test all your electrical componants and if any doubt about any replace with NEW stuff.