1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

88 CI to 98 CI UPGRADE

Discussion in 'Projects' started by JohnnyBiker, Nov 21, 2012.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Thanks Charlie!!!
  2. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

Duals pull hphigh Exhaust style and loose some torque earlier. If you did not see the sheet you would not know.would ya
  3. baggerpaul

with 2 into 1 you gain more torque but sacrafice hp also its a give and take . but in no way is your torque just droping like a rock it drops slow and hp still holds
  4. baggerpaul

you also do realize that your still at almost 100 ftlbs at 5700 correct!it does carry quite a long time not to many can say that at the start and finish of the run they are still pushing 100lbs of torque . read the numbers not just the graph.
  5. ultra200922

ultra200922 Active Member

Damn nice numbers JB. I might have to do some motor work before I try to ride with ya.:D
  6. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

You are my witness Paul!!!! I'll buy your ticket to come here to glue his hands to his head!! He told me he wouldn't have to do anything else and I told him I want that in writing!!!! He gave me that grin. :banghead:
  7. JohnnyBiker

:roflmao: This thing sure does run nice that is for sure. You have a 96"er right?
  8. ultra200922

ultra200922 Active Member

I bumped it up to a 103 the first winter after I got it.
  9. JohnnyBiker

I have to give another shout out to the people that did the machine work for me. There is one guy that I forgot to thank openly on the forum is JM Machining located in Hutchinson MN which is the town I live in. He did an outstanding job on the cylinders. My pistons were such good quality that he was able to machine and the pistons not be cylinder specific. From my understanding, that is a rarity. Also, again to Derek from MCLEOD COUNTY CHOPPERS located in Stewart Minnesota for the work on the heads and Dyno Tuning! We "Podunk Hick Minnesotan Country Boys," know a few things about bikes as well." :D:cool: I have found that I never have a need to send any of my stuff out of state as I have very well qualified people to do the job, right at my doorstep. :cool:
  10. baggerpaul

:cheers:Hey but it takes a florida cracker ex yankee new yorker and a mn country boy to put that shat together to make them boys shine dont cut yourself short they can machine all they want its got to survive on the dyno when its done. And put out the number. Congrats homie!
  11. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Now all you have to do is stop being disappointed or curious - forget the frickin' charts - AND RIDE!! ;)
  12. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Finally somebody said it. You don't get a bike to work on it all the time and have a 1000 posts to talk about it, :rolleyes: yea just get out and ride the wheels off of it. :banghead:
  13. JohnnyBiker

Paulie, there is one thing that I do not like after the tune vs. when you loaded the first program. I don't like how it starts now. Is there a way that we can redo that without screwing with the MAP that Derek did? Not a big deal if we can't...
  14. baggerpaul

is it hard cranking? now If yes he did not load the start defaults how I had them. if so I will walk you through it very simple.and you will not loose your map not to worry
  15. JohnnyBiker

Yes, it is hard cranking, definitely not the same. Will call tomorrow and we can get it taken care of then if that is cool?
  16. baggerpaul

yep not a problem my brother very simple and we will save the file with the defaults loded in your computer file . sorry I should have told you to tell him to call me and I would have told him the settings.
  17. FLHTbiker

You two are hilarious :roflmao:
  18. JohnnyBiker

Cool. I noticed it right away. Talk soon. :cool:
  19. baggerpaul

why is that flht? I spent a **** load of time helping him get this thing going . and something simple got over looked at the time it was tuned . why do you find it funny. it was my over site I should have told him the settings I used for the start up map.
  20. FLHTbiker

I'll answer you back in your PM