1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

A big opps

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Sep 1, 2008.

1. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

its good to see that your humor wasn't injured in the mishap:roflmao: hope your rollin soon
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

well, my right leg is swelled from the ankle to the hip.....hitting the crashbar can do stuff like that!!!! my ribs are better. i cant stand too long, so the work is gonna be slow on the bike....i pulled the fairing...it and the inner are in need of repair. my spot lights are not straight across anymore.....the forks are tweeked a bit i believe, but more research is needed to determine why? my riding hat didnt recieve any damage....no scrapes, scuffs or folds!!!!:)

Attached Files:

3. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

Chuck! Dude, glad to hear you and the Mrs. are ok! NOT a fun thing to go down...thankfully, so far....everytime I have gone down, it was solo.... Now you will need to check with your painter and see if he has a "road rash" deal for the paint!!! :roflmao: See if he can touch it up for you to look good as new!!! Good luck with the forks.
  4. chucktx

i was kinda hopin he could "buff" out the fender and fairing!!!:)
  5. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Just saw this post Chuck and glad you both are OK, man bikes can always be fixed its a bummer for sure but still glad you both are OK.
  6. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Good thing that riding HAT was'tn damage any there hard to brake in :D , & yes those spot lights are off a bit :(
  7. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

Sorry to hear about the wreck...paint can be repaired...harder to fix people.
  8. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

Chuck,

I want to see pictures of the bruises :D
    I know, I know, I'm sick like that.

Seriously, glad you and the Mrs. are OK.:)
  9. Tiny86

Tiny86 New Member

Dang chuck, sounds like you still bounce pretty well, hard to do at your age:roflmao: sorry had to throw that in im glad yall are o kee do kee.my dad had a Quote: He$$ its just a little skin it will grow back! Get that scooter back together call us and well go ride. We were in Palestine this weekend my wife's maiden voyage on her new Sporty bought 1100 mi in three days she did real good no oops. glad your OK

Tiny
    P.S. Cant remember what year you ride we have a lot of parts.for older models.
  10. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

glad you made it:D
  11. chucktx

thanks, i am pretty proud of this ol'body.....been here 60yrs.....really expected more damage!!!:) just takes longer to heal.....:D
    ridin an 06flht.......
  12. bikerputz

bikerputz New Member

WOW!!! Glad you both are OK.
  13. SkyKing

SkyKing New Member

Haven't been on for a while. Real sorry, Chuck. Here's to speedy recoveries, man, woman, and machine.