1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

A Son and a Father

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Mar 31, 2014.

1. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

I'm sure he will do fine if he has practiced.
  2. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

Shopping for an updated bike? Or just new gear?
  3. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

None of the above.
  4. JohnnyBiker

Today was such a good day. My dad, wife and I set out for the day of motorcycle shopping. Our first destination for the day was the Indian dealer. While we were there, he test rode three bikes. The Classic, Chieftan and a 2000 ROAD KING.
  5. joshbob

There's no doubt in my mind he will eventually choose the right bike for him.
  6. JohnnyBiker

Here is my dad on the Chief Classic. uploadfromtaptalk1405855269693.jpg here is my dad on the Chiftan uploadfromtaptalk1405855319676.jpg I didn't snap a pic of him on the Road King but here it is. uploadfromtaptalk1405855390577.jpg
  7. JohnnyBiker

After the Indian dealer, we went to my home dealership of Wild Prarie HD and there he test rose a 2011 Heritage. That bike had just over 15 on the odometer and priced at $15,990. Custom paint, Freedom true dual exhaust, but all else is stock. Nice bike. Here is a picture if it. uploadfromtaptalk1405855778482.jpg
  8. joshbob

The 2011 Heritage looks like a good deal and a very nice bike to boot. I really like the leather bags and blue color.
  9. JohnnyBiker

Yep this the bike that he took home. It just needs a few things I think but it's h I should bike.
  10. JohnnyBiker

My dad sure loves his Heritage. I think that I have him t I agree to even give HOG a try. I am just really enjoying watching his love for motorcycles grow. Priceless.
  11. joshbob

Awesome. A similar thing has happened to me as well when I started building my bobber at age 65. Now, at 70, riding and (sometimes ;)) wrenching is one of the things I look forward to every day. Makes my golden years far more exciting and involved with life.

I am very happy for you both.
  12. JohnnyBiker

Today my dad, Hot Rider and I are going riding. Not sure where we are going but hey who cares.

Yesterday I stopped by my dad's house and he was busy putting highway pegs on. I figured I would help, not that he needed it but did anyway. We got them all set then we took the bikes out so he could try then out. Man, him and that Harley were made for each other. We even raced a little. :)