1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Abby is in the house!!!

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by chucktx, Jun 16, 2010.

1. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Guess I’ll say it before someone else does..

Who are the three old dudes with those sweet looking Ladies? :roflmao::fight:

Looks like a good time was had by all
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

3. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

If she had of been around a little longer I might of gotten to pick on her.........:gah:
  4. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Cardboard, I don't know if I could take it. You were killing me as it was. :roflmao:
  5. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Looks like a good time, and if she stuck around that long ya'll had to be an entertaining crowd. Abby just changed her oil and skeedaddled when she visited here - but I did get extra at the BBQ we had that night, so no offense taken! That and I do know the call of the open roads.

:cheers:
  6. Chrome

Chrome New Member

Yep it was....I don't know what you ate Chuck, but I felt fine.....just sleepy! Stayed up too late, but really enjoyed Abby's stories....
  7. chucktx

i sort of held here captive!! lol lol i was changing her oil, and found some stuff that needed imediate attention. no brake pads on the rear, and i broke her headlight bulb trying to adjust her headlight......and she needed a good repair on her saddle bag support.....when ya live as far out in the woods as i do, parts are scarce so ya got to travel a bit to find them.....lol

i think she really needed to spend a couple days out of the saddle also. i believe the rest did her a lot of good. she isnt used to the heat/humidity of the south and i think it was really sapping her strength...........she looked so much better when she left than when she arrived......:)
  8. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Well that was mighty kind of ya, pardner! Thanks for lookin' out for one of our finest riders!
    :cheers:
  9. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree with more. It is people like TX that has drawn me to the Harley way of life. Glad that there are still people like TX in the world!:D
  10. chucktx

11. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I had the pleasure of meeting chuck a while back & he's one hell of a man , once you meet him it's like you've know him a for a good while :cool:
    I had to pass on going up to chucks & meeting Abby this time & it was my loss from what I was told
  12. chucktx

cowboy, you had a plate full!!!! we understand why you couldnt make it....no worries or problems............
  13. cowboy

thank's chuck Bill (my son ) is doing better for now almost 32 years ago all the Doc's said about 6mo's for him , just go'es to show ya what a lot of love & pray can do :cool:
  14. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I was bummed you couldn't make it Cowboy, but my fault for not sticking around long enough. Next time - like January or something. I thought I was going to die right up until I hit the Colorado border.

After I left Chuck's, I got stuck in some construction and this guy kept riding up on my backside. I kept giving him the evil eye, but he was clueless. I finally pulled over and motioned him to pass. I must have looked pretty rough, because he refused to. I was practically screaming at him, in a nice way :), but he refused to budge. He stayed way back after that though.:roflmao: It was brutal though. I can't believe my bike made it through, but she did!

Chuck was awesome. I had to adjust the headlight up last night, by the way. I just reached over the handlebars at the stop light and gave it a good yank up. :D I mailed the brake pads up from Dallas. I've been trying to figure out how to bring it up at the shop. I was thinking something like, "Hey, after I left that day, did you guys go, 'Oh crap, we forgot to change the brake pads.'?"
  15. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Ya sleep too much................

Just like Chucktx.:rant:
  16. chucktx

i think something like " how many miles do ya think are on these pads?",,,,,,,
    :fight:
  17. cowboy

Abby yes Jan will be better you'll miss some snow months in COlO& just get real cold here :D & i'll agree with you on chuck he''s a great guy :rolleyes:I do understand why you had to leave a day earley & with the heat we have i tip my hat to you for riding all those miles in it ,It not easy to ride in that kinda on heat & keep going you're A hell of a biker chick :cool: