1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Af nurse paint

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, May 23, 2007.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

ok, here is how it goes.....primer, sand, basecoat, sand, clearcoat, sand, artwork,clear, sand,clear,sand, cut and buff....deliver.........simple, piece of cake!!!!!!!!! lol
    what you are seeing is base,cleared, then sanded, paint will not stick to a slick surface....if you look close you may see a sand skuff or two....
  2. chucktx

in the second pic of the last post you can sortof see "light/dark places....that is the sanding. it is sanded with a fine grade of paper....hope this helps....
  3. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

Cool!! Piece of cake!!! Something that I could screw up at EVERY stage!!!:eek: :roflmao:
  4. chucktx

here are a couple of more pics of the medusa....nearly finished, just need to add a bit of detail here and there....

Attached Files:

5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Chuck that lid look's real good :)
    :cool:
  6. stevenh

stevenh New Member

That is pretty cool lookin'.
    Hope to see a pic of it on the bike when it's done.
  7. bikerjim1

bikerjim1 Moderator

Impressive

Chuck,

I'm completely and utterly impressed! That is artwork in every sense of the matter! One day I hope to be half that good at slinging the colors!!
  8. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Just looked through here and can't believe I didn't comment on this!! Nice job there Chuck! AFNurse is one lucky dude. Can't wait to see some pics when she's done. :D

BTW BikerJim, I'll never even be close to half that good! :eek: :roflmao:
  9. AFNurse

Trust me guys.....I can't sling paint...period......my wife accueses me of being color blind when choosing red or pink or blue or......can never get it quite right....:rolleyes: I am SO excited about the progress on this. Can't wait to see what the whole tour pak looks like....and am also really pumped on the concept of the tank that I have.....with the results that I have on the pak, the tank should be pretty impressive also!

I am ALSO looking for a good reason to wash the bike....photo op after putting the new stuff on!! As Chuck can attest....too busy riding to clean!!:D
    Sturgis may be a bit iffy...now after talking all this smack on sturgis, may have to postpone 1-2 years..... am tentitively "selected" for out of cycle rotation to fill deployment...not sure where yet....and would NOT be exempt from my "scheduled rotation"...... How does this sound for fun.... Deploy Sept-Jan, home Jan-May, Deploy again May-Sept....... That is the possible. WIll not know on the Sept-Jan rotation for a week or 3......HOPE sooner then later to find out (for family planning)! IF I get both....this years Sturgis may still be a go, BUT have to be approved for leave AND be approved by Readiness (control the deployers).....fun huh??!!:roflmao: Guess this is what I have trained for and collected your tax dollars as pay checks for tho! ;)
  10. chucktx

wow, but i do remember my time in the service....almost didnt know from day to day where you would lay your head at nite!!:)
    men llike you are why i dont mind paying my taxes, as i really appreciate what you and others like you do for the rest of us. a big tip of the hat to all the men/women in the military. and a big thanks!!!
    great talking to ya on the phone....tell the wife and daughter hey for me.....
  11. chucktx

another update....did a little yesterday and today.....it's starting to look better...hope y'all like!!

Attached Files:

12. AFNurse

LOVE IT!!! :cheers: Can't wait to see it on the bike!!! Trust me guys, this will give me a GREAT excuse to wash/wax the bike, make her look nice, then shoot a BUNCH of pics!!! (which of course will end up here!). Looking forward to the next batch of pics!! Who knows...MAYBE, I can talk the old lady into driving the van (with kiddo) and I take the bike..to go pick up parts when done....then maybe I can convince Chuck to help with the tank swap and take pics of the bike completed WITH the guy that shot the color!! Course, old lady wants an IKEA trip in Houston.....so would have to stop by there one direction or the other.....:rolleyes: :roflmao:
  13. cowboy

Man that look's real clean , I know you'll be real proud to have it on your bike , & just tell mommy she can shop on the way home , it might go over with her :D
  14. chucktx

here is what i put on the sides of the tour pac....pics just dont show it all....when i clear them they may pop for the camera.....

Attached Files:

15. AFNurse

Loving it!!! Can't wait until I can put it on the bike!!!
  16. chucktx

started the tank....got a very rough outline of the plane, when finished it will have an american flag wrapped around it.........

Attached Files:

17. AFNurse

Truely excited to see how the flag wraps!!! I had never thought of the whole plane, origainally, was thinking nose and tail....this will undoubtedly be better then anything "I" had ever imagined!!! Keep up the GREAT work!!! :cheers:
  18. cowboy

wow even that old red & silver tank look's alot better , & from the sound's of it the Flag will as well
  19. maxpower_hd

maxpower_hd Active Member

The plane looks like it's going to come out pretty awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing it after the clear is applied.
  20. 2fastnaz

2fastnaz Moderator

Doing repairs in glass can be tricky but the thing to remember is you have to stop the crack. The best way I've found (working on boats and Vettes) is to drill a hole at each end of the crack. I've found it works best if the edge of the hole just touches the crack. Then you just make a keyhole repair like you would any fiberglass. Meaning you have to grind down (feather out) and refill both sides of the repair, you can't just do the out side. Just use the Hardner sparingly. The slower it hardens the stronger the repair IME.

Chuck you do great work. I have no artistic tallent at all. I'm a pretty good body man and I can lay paint and do transfers or veniers but I can't draw stick people.

AFN your a lucky man.