1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Af nurse paint

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, May 23, 2007.

1. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

That plane a C-9? Med bird? Oooooooooh, the stories i could tell - but I'd have to kill m'self, that and me throat is a parched cinder..........
  2. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

Looks like you know your airplanes!! even without the color or med cross on the tail!!! I never flew in one, but have sure loaded and offloaded a lot of patients from it!!!
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

well red rider, we dont want you to kill yourself, so could ya give us an easy story, then slap your hand????:) :D
  4. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

chucktx - ain't no way to tell some stories without telling too much. But I have road a couple C-9s....I think I'll just leave it at that.

AFNurse, make sure you get a ride on a C-9 before you retire - but I ain't suggesting you do it as a patient! I missed a chance to fly in a Super Hornet and regret it.
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2007
  5. AFNurse

too late....they are retired out of service for AE....all medical is now either you being healthy enuf for a commercial flight, or the next choice is Air medical ride on C-130, C-17, or C-21 (jump jet).
  6. chucktx

this is where were going with the c/9.....trying to wrap a flag around it....hope ya like it.......

Attached Files:

7. AFNurse

LOOKS GREAT! can't wait to see further color!!!
  8. 2fastnaz

2fastnaz Moderator

Chuck you Rock!!
  9. chucktx

thanks 2fast, its something i enjoy doing, keeps me busy and puts a couple of nickles in my pocket......:)
  10. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

starting to take a good shape , I sure like the flag wrap
    :cool:
  11. chucktx

got to do a bit more this am.....starting to look like something now...lol

Attached Files:

12. chucktx

nearly finished with this side....add some stars in the blue and a few hilights and shadows.....started otherside, will finish this when other is at the same stage.....

Attached Files:

13. AFNurse

I absolutely can not WAIT to get this on my ride!!!! Biggest challenge I will have is 1) waiting for the paint to dry, 2) finding the time to run over and pick it up, then the biggie....3) swapping out the gas tank! I know it is probably easy...especially to those of you that have done this sorta thing before...but for me.....another thing all together....also, this is all hopefully going to be done by the time I ride out of town for Sturgis on 1 or 2 August!!! Oh, and I still need to get a new front skin and a 20K service done.......:eek: :fight:
  14. chucktx

chris, get the front tire on and the 20k service, cause the paint is very close to finished.....
  15. AFNurse

Part of the issue is finding the TIME to get the other stuff done..... the tour pak will take not much to put back on....the gas tank is the swap that concerns me!!! the service/tire will be done at the shop....(by the way, anyone know of a good indy shop that is cheaper then the stealer for service/tire in the San Antonio area??!!).
  16. cowboy

That's looking real good there chucktx
    AFN do you still have your old will do in a pinch T pack ? it look's almost like mine , I might need some part's
    :cool:
  17. AFNurse

I still have it....still have the key for it (I think), it has the luggage rack on it, as far as I know, all the parts that came with it, are still with it!! You want it?? You can have it!!! just taking up space in my garage! (it still works and is in pretty good condition, but I like the OEM box as it is bigger.....) If you are interested in it, we can work something out to get it to you.

This is about the only pic that gives you a decent?? look at the old t pak.....

Attached Files:

18. cowboy

Thank's i can use it , pm me your address & I get with you on shipping to just south of Hpuston , I have the same style box , just not the rack , I to like the oem pack but out of my budget for now
  19. AFNurse

So, Sturgis is creeping closer! Talked with Chuck sometime....was it early this week or late last?? Dam short term memory...... or too much work??!! :cussing: Anyway, as an update as I know it....he assures me that we will have things on the bike by Sturgis... When I talked to him, he was at coat 2 of 5 for the clear..... I am quite sure he will post pics of finished product here, then shortly after, I will post pics of the finished product ON the bike!!! You can NOT believe how much I am looking forward to THAT day!!! :D :cheers: :chopper:
  20. chucktx

ah grasshopper.....patience is a virtue!!!!! lol lol........very close....humidity is hindering just a little bit, but not much....might get a pic on tomorrow or next day!!!! lol lol