1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Af nurse paint

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, May 23, 2007.

1. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

;) my biggest problem Chuck is that I only have so many days left that I can road trip to get the parts before I road trip NORTH!!! Plenty patience!! worst case, tour pak....GOTTA HAVE THAT!!! Gas tank....would love it, but as long as I have some type of gas tank not as necessary!! Understand the weather....SA has FINALLY started drying up a bit....have to think about watering flowers around the house tomorrow......:rolleyes:
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

ok y'all....im sure the nurse is chompin at the bit!!!!! well, here are some shots of the paint....the tank will get one more coat and then cut and buff...the bag and lid will get color sanded and two more coats, then finished...looks like next week if ya want to plan a trip....one day should get the tank and box on...with no problem!!!

Attached Files:

3. chucktx

the rest of the pics....

Attached Files:

4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

WOW is about what comes to mind , Those look so good & will look even better flying down the road
    Sound's like a one day road trip is comming up real soon to put them on
    AFN call me & if chuck don't mind , I'll try to get away from here & meet you up there & lend a helping hand , mabe drag TRG off the roof top & have him run up as well
    :cool:
  5. AFNurse

Cowboy, long as Chuck has no problems with it, I won't have any problems with you lending a hand!! I still need to look at my final work schedule and talk at the wife to figure out exactly when I go.....(and maybe have her follow in the van!) I'll let everyone know when I am making the trip!
  6. chucktx

no probs on this end......the more the marrier!!
  7. AFNurse

So, the days that I am NOT at work and may work best for me are this.... THIS wed/thursday (18/19th), next mon/tues (23/24th), or the following weekend (27/28th). I have not looked at what will work best in regards to school work, wife's school schedule, or daughters "activity load"..... any comments as to what will work best for you chuck? (and also be done with the paint?!)
  8. chucktx

paint should be ready by wed. so anytime after that..july 18:) y'all figure out the best for you........:bicker: :)
  9. cowboy

AFN figure out what work's best for you , I';; have to try to get some help on my end during the week , as I keep 3 of my grand kid's & my one handi cap son during the week
  10. AFNurse

So, I have looked at the schedules and such for school and work.....looks like I am going to shoot for NEXT friday (27 July). Chuck, not sure if the family is coming with or not....I'll get with you in more detail on that as I know it! Tentitive, looking at leaving friday, and returning to San Antonio on Saturday. Figure to give myself enuf time that we can mount everything without time crunch and trying to rush things. Chuck, other then any possible breaking parts (clamps, connectors) is there anything that I need to bring? service manual? wrenches?....let me know and I will see what I have!
  11. chucktx

always good to have a service manual....no tools, i have plenty. see if the dealer has a "rivet kit" to put the tourpac back together, if not i will see what sizes are needed and let ya know.....
  12. RoadKing

RoadKing New Member

Wow Chuck, that is a nice job!!
  13. chucktx

thanks .........i hope that af nurse has a better camera than mine....it really looks better in person
  14. AFNurse

So, Just rode 300 miles each way to Chuck's house....met his wife. GREAT people!!! Chuck and his neighbor helped assemble the bike and swap parts. I now have posted pics of the completed project of tank and tour pak in the photo gallary under projects. I am guessing that Chuck may have more pics, and who knows, maybe get a few of them here in the thread!!! I know they are looking GOOD!!!! I dodged most of the rain....even tho most of Texas is flooding....dodge the rainbow!!! :D
  15. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

AF,

Will we be seeing that bike in Sturis??

One more week.. yeeeehaaaa:roflmao: :drunk: :roflmao: :drunk:

:puke:
  16. AFNurse

Leave is approved, route is mostly planned.....I would say the odds of seeing the bike at sturgis are pretty slim....what with a few hundred thousand bikes being there.....but mine will be one of them there so you never know!!!! :D :D
  17. cowboy

AFN & Chuck the bike look's real good sorry I missed the party , I I'll bet they will see the bike in sturges
  18. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Hey AF, I bet it's gonna be real hard to keep the bugs outta your teeth with that huge grin you must have riding that bike now!! It looks great. Nice job Chuck!
  19. chucktx

yup, havin the nurse over for a couple of day was pretty cool!!! he gave me a complete tour pac to paint. i gave him two pieces of fiberglass, a cardboard box, and a coffee can full of screws, locks, hardware.....:) a real puzzle...but him and my neighbor figured it out in no time....i changed the tank over.....i got the easy job, just one piece. changed the fuelpump also....piece of cake!!! only one sad thing tho.........no extra parts...:(
    the bike really looks great together, and should make folks smile when they see it. very patriotic......and if you get to meet "chris" doit.....a great guy!
    as for pics, the ones i have are nearly the same as his....sept his camera is a lot better....i have "comidered"(sp) his pics for my album........
  20. AFNurse

Chuck, not sure of what kind of tricks that you use for painting....I used the full size file on the closeup of the med cadusa..... specifically the heads of the snakes. I can not believe how exact those scales are!!! now, I stongly suspect some type of painters trick for the effect as each one had the same "flaw" in one specific corner.....MY guess would be some type of fishnet stocking or similar......??!! The detail is even better under blowup of the camera then you can see with your eyes!!! I am STILL amazed! Showing the guys at work....they are also amazed...and a couple of them actually saw the real thing in the parking lot!!! I DID actually get a bit of feed back coming home saturday.....white pickup.....got the "thumbs up" from someone passing me.....not sure if it was the AF/POW/MIA on the back or the entire paint job..... at 75-80mph (and I was the SLOW one), was unable to ask!

SO, anyone that needs custom paint, Chuck has my full endorsement!! Great job! Now.......what else needs painting on the bike......saddle bags, side covers, front fairing......build a trailer...that would need paint...... :eek: :D