1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Ahhhh!

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Apr 6, 2011.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

either that or put the boots away for a while!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. chucktx

back pains suck big time. i get them from time to time. best thing to do is dont get old!!!!!
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I was in a boiler explosion years ago, got pinned on the ground by the stack, spent time in the hospital and lost a disk. Its now full of arthritis and has degenerated. I'm hopping they give me a steroid shot this time.
  4. chucktx

wow, a disc gone.......not much they can do for that i imagine.......sorry ya hurting so much.......
  5. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Do you ever have to wear a back brace?
  6. FLHTbiker

I have and they suck:cussing:
  7. JohnnyBiker

Especially when you are down in crawl spaces??
  8. Daxx169

Daxx169 New Member

Glad you made it out alive FLHT.
  9. FLHTbiker

Yea me to but have had to put up with a lot of pain every sense it happened in 1978. Getting worse as I get older and this years seems especially bad for some reason.

JB, I can't wear it in a crawl space, does not allow enough movement. I'm going to retire in November.
  10. chucktx

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers::cheers::chopper:
  11. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

:(
  12. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

OHOH - JB's in trouble again! - serves him right for takin her ride out for a run and letting HR sit at home. That Honeydo is gitting longer JB!:roflmao:
    More rain on his parade is the weather forecast for your area - should be able to get out by August at least. Oh wait August is the start of winter up there ain't it?:roflmao:
  13. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Hmm somehow I figure this is playing in Little Johnnys house today.

[YOUTUBE]9Q9D8_rGHlY[/YOUTUBE]
  14. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

FLHTbiker, there's an over-the-counter version of the pain killer my doc prescribed after my surgery: (generic) naproxen 220 mg. It's the same stuff I got in the hostital following my back surgery, only the prescription strength is 440 mg/pill, so just take 2. Since it's generic, you can get it at Wal-mart, Walgreen's (they call it Wal-proxen), etc. and it's much cheaper than the prescription ($5 for 50).

While in the hospital, I was on morphine and felt great. But when they pulled the needle, the intense pain started right away. I take 2 at the first sign of pain, then 1 every 12 hours until pain stays gone. It's the only drug that ever stopped my pain totally. Believe me, you will appreciate the relief.
  15. JohnnyBiker

:roflmao::roflmao:Dont care at the moment.:witsend:
  16. FLHTbiker

Went to the doc's and he put me on Morphine. Did OK for the first couple of days but the last two days I got really sick. Had a bad reaction to it. Couldn't remember things, got to feeling hot, clammy and then started to puke. It was really bad for awhile, wife said I was out of it and had turned bright red in my face. Took me to the hospital, kept me for the night and yea they took me off of it. They have me on Motrin 600 but not helping. I'm back home now and feeling better, not sick anymore. That was scary for the wife. I'm not going to work for awhile or riding. They gave me a steroid shot in the lower back. Going to keep up with the Therapy and exercises. I will try that stuff you mentioned. Is it the same as Aleve?
  17. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

Yes, Aleve came out after they saw how successful naproxen was on pain, but it costs more than the generic naproxen. Morphine was a miracle drug for me.

I didn't have any reactions to morphine because I was bleeding everywhere (blown up by enemy mortar) and lost most of my blood in the field. While on the chopper-ride, the medic had 2 morphine injections going in me at the same time and said it didn't matter cuz I was going to die. Obviously I didn't. In the MASH unit, doctors just kept pumping morphine along with plasma, and said it was a miracle I was still alive (they think you are so out of it that you don't hear what they're saying about you).

I don't care what sarcasm they use, but field medics are angels in combat.
  18. FLHTbiker

Sounds like it was a miracle you made it and sure glad you survived. Those medics were some pretty incredible guys. I'll look for the naproxen generic, thanks. :)
  19. JohnnyBiker

Well it is time for HR and I to go and get her bike. This is going to be a really cold ride. BRRRRRR! It is only 37* out.
  20. Tommyc

Tommyc Active Member

Allow me to rub it in a little.
    I start my bike(s) almost every day and can ride just about everyday of the year.
    That's the advantage of living in south florida. Sheeesh, I even went to the beach on christmas day one year!
    I just don't understand why anyone would want to live in an area that has freezing cold weather most of the year...
    I'm sure there are good reasons, but it just doesn't make sense to me. I would feel like I was wasting my life away if I couldn't go outside and do stuff.