1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Ahhhh!

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Apr 6, 2011.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

cowgirl up!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

3. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

4. Tommyc

Tommyc Active Member

Here's my Bubba Boy!

Attached Files:

5. JohnnyBiker

How big is that dog?
  6. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Bet if he stands on his hind legs he could be looking you right in the face. lick, kick :roflmao::roflmao:
  7. JohnnyBiker

:roflmao::roflmao: probably.:D
  8. Tommyc

Tommyc Active Member

He weighs about 70 lbs. Strong like a bull too!
  9. JohnnyBiker

Good looking dog, but I am more partial to Rauts. :D
  10. Tommyc

Tommyc Active Member

What is a Raut?
  11. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

a rottweiler! Those are nice dogs too.
  12. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Got attacked by a Rottweiler when I was kid. No I did not provoke him. Don't like them. To me there like Pit bull dogs, very unpredictable. Had a pit bull try to attack us at an intersection a few years ago when we stopped on the bike. He charged at us and we took off with oncoming traffic coming at us. Not sure what he would have done had we stuck around. :angry:
  13. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

it is the owners of the dog's that give them personality.........bad owner, bad dog.....good owner, good dog.
  14. Tommyc

Tommyc Active Member

Very True Chuck!
  15. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

I agree with ChuckTx, it is the owner. The pitbull that I use to have my oldest daughter use to sit on him and pull his ears and he didn't even care. So many people raise those types of dogs to be aggressive because that is the reputation those types of dogs have recieved.
  16. Tommyc

Tommyc Active Member

It's a shame.
  17. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I read this on the internet so it's true!
    Dangerous dogs ::

Which breeds are they?

Pictured are the most dangerous dog breeds in America: the pit bull terrier and the rottweiler. Research from DogsBite.org shows that during the 5-year period from 2005 to 2009, these two breeds accounted for 70% of the total recorded fatal attacks.1 By compiling U.S. and Canadian press accounts between 1982 and 2009, a report by Animal People shows that pit bulls (160) and rottweilers (71) and their mixes accounted for 67% of the total recorded fatal attacks (345).2

It is important to point out that fatal attacks committed by pit bulls and their mixes more than doubles the attacks by rottweilers. It is well documented by experts3 and humane groups4 that pit bulls pose substantial danger directly due to their selective breeding for dogfighting.

Unlike other dog breeds, pit bulls frequently fail to communicate intention prior to an attack (surprise attacks); they possess a lethal bite style (hold and shake) and a ruinous manner of attack (gameness).
  18. Tommyc

Tommyc Active Member

Yes, Pitbulls are bred to fight... other dogs.. only, not to attack people. The dog trainers are in the pit with the dogs when they fight so dogs that are people aggressive and not desired. I do not condone dog fighting at all, I'm just relaying information.
    My pitbull is the sweetest dog around. I resuced him from the pound. He would never be people aggressive but he is VERY gamey. He instinctivley wants to chase and attack any small animal runs from him or is aggressive towards him. This includes, cats, dogs, squirells, etc. They people aggresive pitbulls are only like that because some A-hole owner trained him to be like that. People who do that should not be allowed to own dogs. They are giving the whole breed a bad name. It's not fair to the inncocent animals who do no wrong but are prejugised because of their breed. There are other dogs out there just as dangerous, Rotweilers, dobermans, shepards, bull mastifs, etc.
  19. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

They are good at sneak attacks. A few years ago, I was walking down a rural road when 2 rotts came running out of the trees behind me. If I hadn't turned just in time, they'd have been on me. But I faced them and actually went towards them growling, and scared them off. Thank God no one saw me. Ha!

Never run from any dog, they will definitely come after ya.
  20. Tommyc

Tommyc Active Member

You were walking down a trail? Might there have been any BUGS on that trail??