1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Ammo

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, May 3, 2013.

1. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

OK,Here's how ya do it..1,Join a pistol club that has 24hr.access(like I did) 2.Get a target permit. 3.When you carry"You,re going to or from the range". It used to work in Suffolk Co.. All the guys I used to shoot with up there did it. They were SAFE GAURDING their firearms. WALLA!
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Like I said move, much better.
  3. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

I had my original Colt M16 rebuilt and enhanced cuz I couldn't find a new AR available to buy. Started looking for ammo and found the usual places always sold out.

My sister told me about a website (Gunbot) that monitors many ammo dealers inventories, and updates every 15 minutes. It shows actual cost per round in every caliber, and connects you to their site.

I'm buying bulk (1,000) military loads from Lake City (55, 62, or 75 gr hp and jbt) for as little as 50 cents a round in military cans. Prices are higher now than last year, but still reasonable. Good quality heavy load (M855) ammo that is also waterproof and head stamped NATO 12 or 13 brass. Check out Ammunition Depot or Palmetto State Armorers, or even Cheaper Than Dirt.
  4. FLHTbiker

I just ordered 500 rounds of 40 cal from Freedom Ammunition. They only sell online. Cheaper than dirt cheats buyers buy raising there prices out of site.
    Also check Walmart for your area. I have them bookmarked on my computer and check it daily. Found 9mm, 45 and 40 cal in the past plus 22 cal.
  5. alex the dog

I bought a Blackhawk rifle case from Cheaper Than Dirt for $22 along with several other items. Watch the shipping charges carefully as items come from diff. warehouses and they charge separate s&h from each warehouse. I cancelled most of the order when I saw the s&h equaled the cost of the merchandise. The rifle case s&h was $9, so I kept that.

I e-mailed them on their ridiculous s&h charges and the reply was "Order items from the same warehouse (A,B,C,D,etc) to save money". Now I know, but think they use that excuse for up-charging customer.

Wal-Mart ammo shelves here are eternally empty.
  6. FLHTbiker

You can check the Walmart's in your state to which ones by using the online app
  7. alex the dog

Forgot to mention: I needed 30 rd. mags before Colo's stupid July 1st cut-off date, and couldn't find them anywhere for less than $50 ea. I e-mailed Magpul and told them my predicament.

They replied that they have an emergency program for CO residents to buy direct from them in limited quantities. I ordered 10 gen3 pmags @ $12 each and got them 2 days later. They are shutting down their operations in CO to protest State legislature stupidity, and moving plant elsewhere. Take that Gov. Chickenpooper!!!
  8. FLHTbiker

I can get them here right off the shop wall. Let me know if you need something.
  9. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Never order from Cheaper than Dirt they have one of the worst reps
    gouging, over prices, high shipping charges, hidden costs.

Try CDNN for parts, but stay away from CTD - crooks...
  10. alex the dog

Thanks HRK and FLHT. I just got the rifle case, and it was a good buy. I was looking for a Troy TRX 13" free-float battle rail. They have it priced at $199--what do you think?
  11. FLHTbiker

Here is another good place and so is Midway. Have ordered from them both and been very pleased.
    Talon grip company is also excellent. Just put a set of there rubber grips on my Springfield XDS. And, love the feel.

Grabagun is a great parts and accessory place as well.

Grabagun.com Guns ? Guns For Sale ? Grabagun.com Online Gun Store

Attached Files:

12. FLHTbiker