1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Another 4 day weekend

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by badinfluence63, Oct 13, 2015.

1. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

What an interesting weekend. Opted to help my mother this weekend nstead of riding. Got the moms house full of wood. Cleaned the whole downstairs. All the bathrooms,kitchen,living room,dinng room.

Good call too,didn't realize it was columbus day weekend. Roads were jacked.

Coming home from Uncusville,CT. Caught 2 east out of Norwich and which dumps you into Hartford CT to I-91, north for me. As i am getting onto I-91 north i notice i'm smack dab n the middle of over 100+ J*p bikes. I sh*t you not over 100 bikes. All popping wheelies and riding there back wheels at 70mph all around me. WTF what a bunch of bullsh*t..where are any cops i mean this is Hartford,CT.

I am in the first lane needing to get into the 2nd and preferably the 3rd lane but the bikes were zooming all around me. If i couldn't get into at least the 2nd lane i would be forced to exit. And the bikes just kept coming. I'm in my 2013 Dodge ram 1500 quad cab. I put my blinker on and proceeded to the 3rd lane. Having done that the massive amount of bikes moved and gave me a buffer of space for the next 3-4 miles till they exited the interstate.

It was cool to see albeit careless,irresponsible and a multitude of accidents waiting to happen. I have pictues and will post the when i get them on a disk.
  2. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Stunt wannabes are everywhere these days, even Hartford . . .
  3. badinfluence63

4. badinfluence63

5. bambidee

bambidee Active Member

there lack of respect for other people on the road is just another GREAT example of what gives motorcycles and us a bad name
    badinfluence63 likes this.
  6. badinfluence63

Yeah i was annoyed and had mixed feelings. It was cool like flash mob cool but wrong because it was extremely irresponsible motorcycling.

There was an even bigger wad of them behind us.
  7. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

Guess I can get a sportbike but looks like I don't fit in with those fools. I respect their balance skills but not their lack of respect for others on road. That crap is for industrial parks after midnight....
  8. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

I've seen guys on choppers do wheelies but it always seemed to me that there was no traffic close enough to matter. Not my bag, anyway. The showoffs are gonna do what they wanna do, no matter what. Some of 'em will die, too, and hopefuly not take anyone else with 'em.