1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Another build...aka ....CHOBBER1

Discussion in 'Projects' started by chucktx, Aug 19, 2009.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Yep a lot of them say there worryed but just put one seat on there & there on you like stink on poop , Mine like to ride but has a bad back from a car wreck & can't go long distence , so I changed the back rest to a tour pack , it helps but she's still not sure if she go the distence
  2. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

I wish...the hat is the reason I picked her pic:roflmao:..it says "Enjoy The Ride":D
  3. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Excellent job on the "chobber" - Looks great! :D
  4. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Is the Tour Pack the one with arm rests? It's amazing to me the things you can put on a motorcycle and still get down the road. I guess that's why we have the big inch motors now.
  5. cowboy

josh no arm rest just the wrap around pad style ,like the stock classic have
  6. joshbob

Cowboy, I was in Rocky Mount and checked out the Harley dealership. They had one set up like you described. Very expensive. There's nothin' like the smell of new motorcycle rubber and steel! Didn't stay too long, though, didn't want them to think I was gonna buy anything!
  7. cowboy

LOL ya if you stay to long or get a cup of the free coffee they want you to buy somthing :eek:
    if you get in the market for a tour pack shop around & don't get in a hurry there's deals out there you just have to wate a bit
  8. joshbob

Gonna try and keep my bike as light as possible. Which means no bags,fairings or windshields. My biker buddy down the street tells me it ain't civilized to ride without 'em! He's got a big mutha of a Heritage fully loaded. It's something to see him and his girl friend and the American flag rolling by! A most impressive machine, I must say. And I'm not ashamed to say that I'm just a little intimidated by its sheer size. Must weight a ton, too, and I'm maybe 140 fully dressed, engineer boots and all!
  9. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Wow, I was 130 in high school and sense then have never even been close.
  10. joshbob

If I may get even a little more off track here . . . I eat like a horse and all my ex-girl friends and even Mac the Wife (My partner in life for 30 years now) have blamed me 'cause they put on the extra weight! One of my buddies has doubts I'll be able to kick start ol' Bob when the time comes (he has visions of me flyin' over the handlebars). . . I told him it's not the MEAT, it's the MOTION!
  11. joshbob

was once again looking over all the posts on Chobber 1. What a beautiful bike! Chrome must be very pleased. I really liked the leather battery box. If mine comes out half as good I'll be tickled pink! Great job Chucktx!
  12. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

thanks...........all the sportster choppers/bobbers i have looked at, all had exposed batteries... i didnt like that look. hired a saddle maker to build it. he over built it, nearly 1/4 inch thick leather....i would have rather had 1/8th or so......
  13. joshbob

Sounds like he builds things to last. I overbuild, too, when it comes to carpentry. When I sometimes have to take something apart that I've built and am having a hard time, Mac the Wife says, Looks like you Joshed it again!
  14. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

hehehehehe