1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Another epic trip

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by Hot01, May 28, 2010.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I don't mind that it was on their site - I wanted to see it! I love it.

The stuff I have strapped to the bars gives pretty good protection from bugs. You can tell by the death splattered all over my tent bag. With my half-helmet and bandanna, I'm good with the rain. That day was just really, really bad. I listen to music most of the time. The ear buds are like ear plugs and block the wind noise. Granted the music is then blasting, but I get singing and looking like a fool (I'm sure, but I don't care), and life is good. I lost my bottle holder when I gave up my Deuce risers, but the bottle sets nicely in the cargo net that's holding my chair and rain gear on the bars. I'm all good.

I'm at a really nice KOA now. I came in last night and got an awesome site next to the river. I even got firewood. I'm staying another night. My granddaughter has a suspected cataract, so her mother has to take her to Boston today. Since I'm less than a day away, I'm going to hang out here and do some more writing.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  2. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

That's awesome. I can't believe you brought a chair with you:D
    I like KOAs. Get the book of all the KOAs in the nation and then you can find the next one to stay at for the next night and be a card member.

I like all the stuff on the handle bars. Is that a GPS or a Ipod?

Do they let you bath in the river? That's what I would do. Did that in Lewis Lake in Yellowstone one year.
  3. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

That's a camera that also has video capabilities. I put my iPod in my jeans pocket. I hold my shirt out at the top and drop the iPod, with wires attached, down my shirt. I like to do this with people watching, because I'm sure they're thinking, "what the ..." I can reach into my pocket and pause it or change the volume, plus when I stop, I can pull the earbuds out and they hang over the top of my shirt. Makes it easy to get going again.

I like KOAs too and have a card. I can look up locations from the Internet on my phone. The book is nice, but it's too big to carry with me. They're expensive, but most of them are nicer than a lot of the cheap hotels I've stayed in.
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

glad your still on the move!!!! great looking camp site!! get a line and a pole and catch some dinner!!!!! lol
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Ear buds are good I have them for my Ipod mini thing
    Used to use it on the bike, before the Glide...

Now they are used for the lawn tractor, sure cuts down
    the engine exhaust drone and of course some bloos cranking makes
    the job easier...
  6. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Abby - we gonna get some pics of the new Grandbaby? Glad ya finally got dryed out. LOL
  7. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

When I can get to her. If you're on Facebook, there are plenty there. Turns out she's blind in one eye. She's going to need surgery and a patch, so the next step is to find baby girl pirate stuff. Arghhhh!

She's beautiful. :D