1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Another Firearm Question

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Feb 13, 2015.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Thank you for saying that as that's the way I was taught also. The 9C is a fantastic carry gun.
    But of course if one has a big ego and has to have a 45 than you'll have to look elsewhere.
  2. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

An SAO has safties, especially a 1911. Think I am going to pick the New Agent. Maybe one day we can meet up and go shooting.
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Yep JB you are getting it, cocked and locked or condition 1, there is nothing
    wrong with that type of carry, my only point was there are people ok with it and people who are not, so there are firearms that fit both personalities.

JMO having one less step to take in a situation such as remembering to
    take off the safety is a good thing. So having a longer harder pull on the trigger
    is then a good thing.

It's whatever you feel good about, can hit a target at 10 yards or less, and will carry with you regardless, because if you find out it's not a good carry it won't go anywhere but the safe.

Good luck on your choice..
  4. FLHTbiker

I stopped at three different gun stores today and one I got a surprise they were just unboxing bricks of 22 cal LR by American Standard ammo. Yep, picked up a 500 round brick then called Maddog to let him know.

I asked each gun shop if they had any Colt Defenders or New Agent. Two shops had the Defenders none had the New Agent. I asked why no New Agents at each shop and their responses were, 1. They don't sell, another shop said hey we stock what sells and third one pretty much said the same thing.
    For better resale value think I would stick with the Defender if I had to buy a Colt.
  5. JohnnyBiker

My LGS has the Defender readily available as well but I just don't let accessibility sway me and in no way do I believe that that is an indication of which firearm is better.

Tonight Hot Rider and I are going to go look at her first choice of firearm for carry. She is looking at the Nano pinky.
  6. FLHTbiker

I was told that when it's not in a higher demand that trade in or resale value is less, just letting you know what I learned today.

The Beretta Nano is a good pistol have not heard much negative about them. Look at the Shield 9mm as well.
  7. JohnnyBiker

I looked at Gun Broker and most New Agents are going for about $1100 resale with the Crimson Trace grips. Now that is actually just a tad under the 85% resale that I would like but it's like 84.4%

So far the feedback that I have been getting from the gun forum is that so far people prefer the New Agent over the Defender. Just saying.
  8. FLHTbiker

Good luck with your purchase
  9. FLHTbiker

10. ultra200922

ultra200922 Active Member

Those grips sure do look nice.
  11. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

My Buddy I told about the Kimber went and got one yesterday.. This same weapon.

So I went to Conroe today and got a Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II LG. 45.
    "Laser Grips"

Had true Glow tritium green night sights put on it.
    And he gave me a Wilson Combat Spare Clip to go with it
    Pistol feels really Good.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  12. FLHTbiker

Nice pistol reminds me very much of my Sig 1911 Ultra compact carry in 45 cal. Man they almost look identical. I put the https://vzgrips.com/gallery.

The Lazer grips look really nice especially on a 1911.
  13. JohnnyBiker

A gs that I do not often frequent had one of these in stock. I did pick it up to feel it. Heavy. Not sure if I like the looks of it or not. The grip is long and comfortable, it's chambered for my favorite round. Would be strictly for range shooting for me. Not bad.
  14. JohnnyBiker

Nice gun Cardboard.
  15. JohnnyBiker

The wife is coming to her senses. Looks like she is more interested in the Sig p238 engraved. I even liked that one.
  16. FLHTbiker

I have one and if you carry it with a round in the chamber you'll have to be very sure that the safety is on as it will be cocked in the fire position, be very careful. I like mine but picked up a Ruger LCP in 380 which is a double action only. Yep has a long trigger pull but a lot safer and faster to fire if needed.
  17. JohnnyBiker

She liked the LCP until she held the Sig. She said that the Sig fit her hand much much better. Yes, she is planning on carrying, she will do well, she is determined.
  18. FLHTbiker

OK all the best to her but practice a lot with it. I quit carrying mine with the hammer back and started only carrying it with an unloaded chamber which kind of defeats the purpose. You want to buy a Sig 380? I got one for sale. I can send a photo.
  19. JohnnyBiker

Send a photo.
  20. FLHTbiker

Sig p238 HD with two mags

image.jpg image.jpg