1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Anybody recognise this bike?????

Discussion in 'Projects' started by chucktx, Aug 5, 2010.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like its coming along :)
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

cowboy picked it up today........he brought one of his beautiful daughters with him.......i think he lliked the sound his bike made when he fired it up. hope he got to put a few miles on it to see how it responds. he brought me as set of sampson fishtail slip ons!!!! how cool is that!!!! i have been looking for a set and there they are!!!! got them on and they sound great!!! will take a pic and post them up....thanks cowboy!!!!! oh ya....im holdin ya to the offer for the steak rub!!!!!!!!:)
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

LMAO the steak rub is your's I'll try to get it in the mail this week , Jenn My daughter had a real good time talking with you & Terri , says she does want you to etch that pic she has in her truck back window , As for the bike she run's great the cam's woke the 88 right up enough for me ,I had to buy the new oil hose today as one came loose yesterday , thats the one you said where kinda short , no big deal will get it on tomorrow , I needed to change the oil anyway again Thanks for all your help , If I don't talk to you before you leave for the races have a good ride & fun at the same time :D
  4. cowboy

well what I thought was a loose hose was not the james gasket set I had blew out right at the bottom of the rocker box just about right in the middle of the two bolts :banghead:
  5. cowboy

I put the new gasket in tonight , There was a pin size crack in the other gasket ,now off the gas station tomorrow to refill a can & back here to fill the bike again , I filled it up & found the oil leak , so now my garden tractor has premium & amsoil hot shot addative runs good :cool:
  6. chucktx

should cut your mowing time in half!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
  7. cowboy

Now that would be a good thing :D
  8. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

ChuckTX, Man do you do nice work. It sounds like you have a real talent for this stuff.

Cowboy, that is a nice looking Cop Bike. That should be a lot of fun, hope you enjoy it! :D
  9. chucktx

thanks johnny............just do what i can.......have fun doing it. just dabble in odd stuff.......lol lol
  10. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Cowboy - did chuck stuff the bags which some JACK? - Gotta keep both the bike and you well lubed don't we?:roflmao:
  11. cowboy

Thank's johnny yes it's been a real good ride she has about 61k miles on her
    Sarge7 I think he drank it before I got there to pick the bike up :roflmao:
    I went riding friday night No leaks then around midnight I stop for a cup of coffee & all was good , rode about 20 miles home from the coffee stop & I think one of the push rod tubes started to leak :( I did'nt get a chance to check it out yesterday , so today Tht's number one on the list :D
  12. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

how do ya get the funky little temp stick at the bottom?
  13. cowboy

ironhorse go to the pull up a char & set for a spell section then go to the post called posting page two & read the last few FLHT biker help me get mine set up , :D
  14. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I just wished we could get that stupid little rainbow off the right side. Reminds me to much of the obamba boy bunch and the *** crowd.
  15. cowboy

Ok the slight ol leak is fixed as for the rainbow just start looking for the pot of gold at the end :roflmao:
  16. chucktx

the site offers different variations of the weather/time thingy....maybe they have one without the symbol.....
  17. chucktx

glad the oil leak stopped............