1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Assistance With The SERT (BaggerP)

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by JohnnyBiker, Sep 14, 2011.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Once I get into the manual I think that is where I will learn and understand the most and easiest. I am just checking out the interfaces now. This is really cool, thanks for sending it....

Hey Lucifer.....I am not like someone else on this forum that thinks that more engine is always better. :roflmao:;)
  2. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

ya man there is alot there . you have to educate your self very well on the software . its a very powerfull tool if you get to know your way around it . i just want to ride my bike and enjoy it . it worked for me and i learned it well and have tunned for others with the software and like i said before my deuce was open loop thats the only reason i went to the t- max . i like the fact that fuel control was at all tp positions . once you get your tune correct on the sert close the lap top and dont mess with it . once its done its done . most guys wont do that the mess with it . and screw it up . trust me i have tunned for my buds then they think they know what they are doing and they mess it up.they cant leve it alone they play with the idle they play with timing and then they tell me it aint running wright . and then i go and see what they have done . and they get the deer in the headlamp look . how did ya know ? i have a copy in my folder of were i left the bike at dumb ass !!! they dont do it again for a little while till they get brave .
  3. JohnnyBiker

That is a cool thing is that you can store all of your maps in a folder and are able to go back and reset it....:roflmao: Play all you want, if the bike doesn't run the way you like, go back to the original map, seems simple...I am almost thinking that I won't do the SERT or Stage 1 right away. maybe just a good set of pipes. I am thinking not doing the stage 1 right away so I give myself some time to at least understand what it is going on with the SERT, then do it myself. Just a thought...:D
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Dude: you need to stop trying to start crap here.
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  5. baggerpaul

good unit there maps are ok but the timing map i got was a little lite for my liking andrew is a stand up guy did what he could to please me but it did not happen good unit it did what it said it would do but im very hard to please . did not like the timing map at all . ill see andrew in daytona this october and ill bring another ecm i have and my original and try to see if he can do something to fix it . as i kept it whan i sold the deuce i will try it on a buddys bike he has a digital tech to write the vin on the ecm and try it . we will see? what happens ill let you guys know. ps .Andrew is the sales manager and front office manager there at Rev Performance Like i said stand up dude!
  6. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

JOhnny TTS is just another version of a program like SESPT, SERT is the old HD program
    and not available

When Mastertunes contract was up TTS (The Turbo Shop) continued
    making Masterune for HD, it's got more features and better interface (IMHO)
    and there are maps already out there for what you want, 2011, RG 103, slip
    ons and air filter.

You would down load the map, then you do what is called VE Tune runs
    this lets the ECM sample the air needs of the cylinders and set the VE tables
    which everything is based off of in the TTS (Same for SESPT)

When the VE tunes are done you move on to timing, that's simple
    and you probably won't have to do anything else, maybe play with
    some AFR ratios, do some data runs when you are doing highway
    riding to capture data in cells where you ride all the time and
    setup AFR for better mileage..
  7. hotroadking

Your problem will be that the bikes vin and the ecm vin are not the same
    if the software has a dongle Like SERT and TTS it will not connect unless the ecm id and vin number are the same as when it was first initialized...
  8. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Another good reason for owning a Thunder-Max. It ain't married to a bike and its vin number. Take it off one bike and put it on another bike and run a new map and let it tune.............

I'm gittin 42mpg riding 2 up with my Tm.
  9. hotroadking

Amazing how much you know about how difficult it is
    when you consider you have never run it,:banghead:

The fact is the application is simple, the average user with a simple
    stage 1 build (filter and pipes) will have it done
    in just a couple of runs, faster than the Tmax and
    half the cost....

There is no reason to waste the extra money
    for some special ECM with a tuning box and
    extra O2 sensors, just to have to not learn something.

The bike comes with an ECM and 02 sensors,
    with the TTS or SESPT you can save the stock map
    to the computer, load up a map for your build
    pre made, pre tuned, and then simply go out and
    do about 3 to 5 Vtune Data runs, it's easy.

The software customizes the VE tables for you
    and once that's done you should be done.

Basic builds are not difficult and I could walk
    JB right through it over a phone smoking a cigar
    and sitting on my butt in the Garage watching
    SOA and eating a mega hot pepper burrito....

In fact I bet if we could get CB to stop trying
    to capture Hummingbirds for his blazing burrito bird chili
    and put a redneck bud on the table for more than 1 minute
    he'd be able to tune his bike, tune a piano and tunafish...:roflmao:
  10. cardboard

Yer gonna make me git you to come to Texas and teach me and my buddy this stuff since yer so dang good at it.

I need my buddy to see it , cause at my age I'd have to write everything down so I can remember what I was suppose to remember.

Oh wait. I'd have to buy a TTS Mastertune.

The boatin season is over right now. And I ain't gittin to work. Dang.

With the TM its basically Plug and Play. Tech support with TM is free and they did me and my buddy .
    This is my 2nd TM and I've been happy with it too.

Dang.
  11. baggerpaul

no dongle they write it on the ram. when they flash just like i do when i flash cars im just gonna bring the original ecm so he can verify my customer # i spoke with him so many times during the new stages of the soft ware that we both got are CELL# on are phones. nice kid never used any of there other stuff thats why i posted not to long ago about 97 kit seems not to many people do ? word of mouth is the best advice .
  12. JohnnyBiker

The whole point of me looking at this program is for me to learn, not to have someone basically do it or me. Even though I would be entering the data, it just isn't the same as me going through the information and really learning. I like having you guys here so I can ask questions. :cool::D I am ambitious to learn about these things. Let me learn......:gah::D
  13. baggerpaul

You just keep reading and educate yourself with the system for mild built bolt on stuff and anything that harley sells of the shelf its fine like I posted in the past time and time again and I told you that on the phone. . Its fine any thing other than there cams the ve tables are hard to get close . They work there ve tables around there valve timing . The main instruction is choose a map that is closest to your cam choice . That's because they are looking for the map that will work with the closest valve overlap .of that cam the system is speed density it looks at the map sensor for the load on the motor . That sensor is vacum sensitive . Big over lap less engine vacum and the motor company built the software to work with the stuff they sell . In other words it will be fine if you like the tool and end up buying it if not at least you got to play with it and you learn something with out having to buy it wright ?
  14. JohnnyBiker

My comment was intended for HRK, but yes, I know what you mean. I have a little while before I need to make a decision anyways. I have about 6 months that I get to play with it and learn and decide. A long time.

TO ALL WHO WISHES TO CONTRIBUTE TO THIS THREAD.

Please keep the responses geared towards the specific question. This will help keep us on topic and in a somewhat organized way. I look forward to different questions as this helps me learn. Also, at this point and time I am not interested in talking about any tuner other than the SERT. Please, lets keep this thread about the SERT... :D
  15. baggerpaul

I know brother I dont want you to Think. Im. Mad I just wanted my point to get. Across about. The sert and what you are trying. To learn
  16. cardboard

Know this is directed at Me Johnny.
    Yer in control so take over.
    What do I know........
  17. JohnnyBiker

Hey BP, is there an actual manual on this disc??? I have read through the part where if explains abbreviations, but that is about all I am finding????:cool:
  18. baggerpaul

when it loads it on the computer it will store the manual in your docs folders in pdf format . its not going to be in the sert software tunning side . its all by itself . it will be listed under super tunner users manual . very very indepth manual covers all the efi system input and outputs of the ecu . and how to tune the bike off road and on the dyno . you will also find map desciption pdf as well in the docs folder.hope this helps!:cool:
  19. baggerpaul

p.s. The manual is 62 pages long have fun my freind:d
  20. cardboard

Now don't bust my chops

Talked on the interent with a message from a Builder and Dyno man.
    He said on a Sert, you can git the fuel close
    But yer afr's ain't gonna be close and you can't control timing without a Dyno .