1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Assistance With The SERT (BaggerP)

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by JohnnyBiker, Sep 14, 2011.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

No offense taken in case you were wondering????:wtf::rant:
  2. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

it aint a big deal 128 you can learn it as well we just got good at playin with it and did not want some one else to do it you just have to sit down and read what the ecu wants to do and how the original software was done . there is alot of power in that ecu harley only uses a 25 % if that out of that ecu.
  3. baggerpaul

none was givin i dont want you to think i was trying to either . i dont want you to get ahead of yourself when tunning until you learn the system . when you get to the page that starts talking about the injectors and size youll say hey what the hell are they talking about and we would have had the answer ;:roflmao:
  4. JohnnyBiker

Man you are touchy today!!!:wtf: :roflmao: As I was reading, I figured that there is a lot more that you can do with this system, especially if you were to get into head work, bigger throttle body, injector size, head work, larger cam, more compression and course bigger cubic inch..:cool:
  5. baggerpaul

Hey were is my beer ? :roflmao: Its is a good system and so is Hrks . you got to remeber who created it . and adjustments are pretty nice the more you learn it the better you like it . on my high compression build i did not have acr and i was able to delay the injectors during cranking and hot restarts were not a problem . my idle was around 922 accel enrichment decel fuel cut so many things you can do !!!!:D
  6. JohnnyBiker

I hope that this thread is benefiting others who think that the SERT or TTS is junk??? There is a lot of information here, much of it repeated but maybe I am paying closer attention to it now as they are the systems that I want to learn and confident that I will do so. It will jsut take some time is all. :D
  7. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

wait till you get to the section on oil
    you have to put in the correct grade oil and manuf specs
    on the oil like API, coefficient of friction etc this must
    be in concert with the cam and injector settings finally you
    need to enter your weight and your wifes, however if you ride
    with a heavier girl friend you will want a G2 map, which provides
    faster acceleration in the event wife spots you riding with girlfriend
    g2 maps have a turbo boost and stealth mode...

Makes you invisible...
  8. baggerpaul

now thats some good **** :roflmao: that aint even in the manual but i bet the sert tts -tmax box can do it with the wide band stochiometric settings at hand and with are know how we can do it !!!:banghead:
  9. JohnnyBiker

After reading further, I like that this tuner is able to run in "Closed Loop" operation. and if I understand it correctly, the only real requirement to get it to operate in "closed loop" is that the AFR needs to be 14.6 or greater?
  10. JohnnyBiker

Here is an excerpt from the manual....

Main Fuel Table –Behind the scenes, this is ma***ulating the Air-Fuel ratio table, but only showing relative
    change in percent.

Do they mean that they are only showing the percentage of change from the stock setting? Plus or minus?
  11. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I wanna know wth you typed to cause ma***ulating to be a blocked word...
  12. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

greater above 14.6 is gettin lean
  13. baggerpaul

closed loop means that the computer is able to make corrections to fuel trim . were as open loop ecm has no control over fuel trim correction. its only able to give what is written for a map and there is no correction because it does not know what the out come of the combustion event was, and the ecm can not adjust for a lean or rich condition. narrow band o2 sensors read accurate from 13.7 to 15.1 and thats being nice about it were a wide band o2 will read 8.1to 22.1big diffrence .
  14. JohnnyBiker

I think that you missed the whole question dude. Manual said that the EFI systems are capable of running in "closed loop" operation. It said something about having to (AFR) be at 14.6 in order for closed loop operation to occur. Now my question is when they say they it only shows relative percentage, are they saying that it shows the relative percentage increase or decrease percentage from the stock setting??
  15. baggerpaul

When I get home I look and see what your talking about . As far as fuel pecentage . You can be in closed loop and be at 14.2
  16. JohnnyBiker

Thanks Brother for the phone call....:D It is nice to be able to navigate around the program a little bit. :cool:
  17. baggerpaul

no problem jhon any time it makes it easy when you look at what your reading about and understand the values they are talking about.see ya bro!:D