1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Back rest or no back rest

Discussion in 'The Polling place' started by tjandt3, Jan 5, 2008.

?

Rider backrest or not?

1. Use a rider backrest

23 vote(s)
    48.9%
  2. Don't use a backrest

13 vote(s)
    27.7%
  3. Only use a backrest if the ol lady is behind me

11 vote(s)
    23.4%
  1. FRXMAS

FRXMAS Banned A-Hole

On The Mend

I Finally Can Put A Shoe On The Broken Foot And After Three Weeks I Am Walking Without The Crutches.geico Has Been Very Co-operative And My Damages Are Beinng Taken Care Of Without Any Increases To My Progressive Rates. Thanks To All Of Your Well Wishes And Sympathy.
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

great!!!!!!!! glad everything is looking up!!!!:D take care and dont re hurt the foot.........:)
  3. UltraHerbie

UltraHerbie New Member

bought the one from Harley, says it is adjustable but u can turn the screw all day and nothing happens or moves. I'm going to take it back to the dealer ship.
  4. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

whats supposed to happen when you turn the screw ??
  5. UltraHerbie

UltraHerbie New Member

I aslo love the back rest but I bought the Harley one and cannot adjust it. This model has a small set screw that when turned changes the angle of the back rest but I've turned it in both directions and don't see any change in the angle. I will be returning it to the dealer where I purchased it.
  6. FRXMAS

FRXMAS Banned A-Hole

Backrest

I Purchased And Had My Driver's Backrest Installed At My Dealership. It Folds Forward To Allow For Passengers To Get On And Off Easily. It Is Adjustable But I Have It Straight Up For Good Back Support.ask Your Parts People To Show You How Much Of An Adjustment Can Be Made And If It Is Not To Your Satisfaction Then Exchange For One That Is.you Won't Be Unhappy And You Will Be More Comfortable.
  7. GreyBear

GreyBear New Member

Nomad, currently the Blue Ridge Mountains
    Backrest and luggage

Well, since to me the backrest things look sort of weired and since if I am doing more than a local trip (and while that might be 200 to 250 it is split up a lot in a day) I have my handy dandy fills the passenger seat home away from home with me, I never got one. I have ridden my brother in laws bike and his has a Mustang with the br and it feels ok. If I was a motel dweller and just had the saddle bags I would probably get one.

Ride Free......
  8. UltraHerbie

UltraHerbie New Member

fixed

OK I instaled a Harley backrest on my ultra classic 105 annv. I was saying I could not adjust it front to back. Took it back to the dealer and he was able to adjust it. Now it is very comfortable and I won't ride wihout it.
  9. SteveO

SteveO New Member

Back Rest Safety Issue

The only downfall I see with a backrest is that if you take a spill, the back support will, or may keep you "one with the bike while you're praying to the one above to keep you safe". In almost all cases it's best to let the bike go on it's way without you.