1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Bad back pain

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by voodoo1, May 8, 2008.

1. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

I've seen a few places around with hot tubs, and while it may make my back feel a little better I'd probably come home with a worse disease or staph infection. :roflmao:
  2. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I'm a fan of chiropractor too. I'd try that first, but as someone else said, you might need to go through a couple to find the right one.

I feel for you. I've just sent myself an e-mail at work to remember to find a doctor today. I keep forgetting while I'm working, then when I go riding or play ice hockey or do anything else that's fun, my elbow is killing me - that injury from last September. I'm playing summer hockey now and riding, and I wake up in a lot of pain every morning. I can't even drink a cup of coffee with my left hand. :gah:

Frustrating, isn't it?
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Abby thought you had that fixed ? Now young lady get off that seat A find a Doc , so you can do all you fun stuff & have cup of coffee :D
  4. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

sent to doc

Saturday it was all I could to move. headed for the store and ended up at Doctors. She told me that most pains like mine from the sciatic tend to go away in 2 to 5 weeks. I told her I was on week 4 1/2. She gave me muscle relaxers,pain and streoids for about 6 days. Not helping much. I go to doc in a few to see what is up.
    :cool:
  5. Ultra Al

Ultra Al New Member

Good Luck, If they want to cut on you be careful, get a second opinion. Al
  6. Art_NJr

Art_NJr New Member

That's treating the symptom, not the problem - been there, done that with MD's. With Chiropractic, I haven't taken Rx medication for my blown-out L4/L5 disc & herniated L3/L4 from a 1988 injury since 1991. Never had the surgery the 1st MD I was sent to wanted to do - thank God. 2 other MD's said my Sciatica problem would never go away - all 3 MD's were wrong.

The MD's said I could never ride a bike again or do things like climb scaffolds, frame & hang sheetrock - wrong - I can & do. Darn sure couldn't 20 years ago though. As I said before, you may have to see 10 Chiropractors to find a good one because many just treat the symptom(s) too, but there are good ones who deal with the problem(s). Mine sure did.
    Last edited: May 19, 2008
  7. bdfin

bdfin New Member

I am in a similar boat these days. Some days ok, some days not. It has been on and off now for months. Mine has come from too much standing constantly on cement floors for long hrs. and then sitting in vehicle for hrs. of driving. Many recomendations here are good. I will be seeing a chiro here in the next week after meeting one randomly one day having lunch. He said you need to get at least an xray to see what's going on there and then they can go from there. And like mentioned above, sooner will be better than later because with all the pain meds you could be causing more damage the longer you go. Obviously everyone is different and it is not a cookie cutter solution. But there is at least a chance they may be able to correct, partially correct or at least give you some therapy to help rehab it in some way other than surgery if you don't wait too long to have it looked at.
    Good Luck.