1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Bad email

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cowboy, Apr 25, 2011.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Know yer limitations
    But 2 or 3 beers ain't my limitations
    On the weekend when I'm workin around the house o can drink a six pack and it makes me not hurt as much from workin

If you can't control what you drink then you have a problem and should realize it
  2. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

sorry for your bad news Cowboy ...drinking and riding is no good. A cousin of mine died on a bike after drinking. I love beer more than most here..in the biz as well but drinking and riding is a lethal combo..I don't do that..I'll go to Sturgis..ride around and all that but it's pop untill I park the the bike for the night..then i'll crack the beer open.
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Like I said mitch rode hard & drank hard , I have drank a few beers while out riding & I have pulled into the local watering hole & just order water when I do dring I try to stay home , then the only way to get hurt is to smart off to the OL or just fall on face tripping over one of the grandkids toys in the yard :banghead:
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I have refused to ride with some when they stopped and started drinking to much then want to ride again. My own policy. Stopping having a beer and eating something is one thing but drinking one after another then riding I won't do that but I will go the other way. :)
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

And value others lives as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Y'all are just gittin Old I tell ya. Can't drink a beer or two and drive 30to 50 miles to another place and doing something else.
    YOu all outght to be wearing a Full Crash helmet, and knee Pads .:rolleyes:
  7. Tommyc

Tommyc Active Member

To each his own I guess. Every person has to know their own limitations.
    Some people can handle a beer or few and maybe some other things as well but other people cannot.
    We have a little saying in my family: If you can't run with the big dogs you better stay on the porch!
    My uncle was killed on a cycle when he was 29 yrs old. He was drinking, it wasn't even his fault. It just goes to show you, like I said, life is short enjoy it while you can.
    If you can't handle a little partying and riding, then don't do it.
    If you can handle it just be careful, don't get carried away.
    Take care and please be careful people. We all know it usually not the riders fault when a cyclist gets injured. It's usually the idiot behind the steering wheel.
  8. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

CB, maybe some just believe strong enough that booze and drugs don't mix with riding. Seen to many riders, drunk then get on the bike and ride and its I'm OK I can handle it. Its not about you if you have a few beers there is a bigger picture out there. Some people don't handle a couple of beers as well as you or at all. I love having a beer as much as anyone but I just don't ride or drive, not worth it. I also do not want a DUI, you get one your gonna be paying thousands let along the jail time. Not worth it.
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  9. hotroadking

Funny how it turns to a "can you or can't you handle it, comment implying that because you don't drink you are less of a man" when the fact is it's the other way around....

It's America do what you want, the law allows you to choose to drink
    and drive, but the law provides a nice little room and some buddies as
    roomies for you if you cross the line.

As to Daytona, yep people drink and ride, and in 90% of the cases
    where a biker is killed, alcohol is involved.... Go figure...

Frankly I'd like to see the DUI limit dropped to .25....
  10. Tommyc

Tommyc Active Member

And we digress into a pissing contest....
    How about we end this discussion by offering our condolences to Cowboy and his Buddy Mitch who lost his life before he should have.
    Whether or not he should have know better not to drink and ride or whether he could or couldn't handle his liquor just does not matter!
    Handling booze and riding drunk does make you more of a man (if that's what someone meant, but I dought they did mean that). It makes you unsafe and risky to ride with.
    If you choose to do it then do it at your own risk, try not to kill anyone else while you are doing it. IT REALLY IS NOT WORTH THE RISK.
    Let's try to not end up like Mr. Mitch. The least we can all do is try to learn something from his mistake and his ultimate sacrifice. REST IN PEACE OUR RIDING BUDDY, MITCH~!
    TommyC.
  11. hotroadking

Well beer usually ends up as piss.... Only natural I guess..

Yeah best the thread was kept as condolences..
  12. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

heck mitch would love reading this ,thats the type of man he was ,I was reading a post under the o-bit on him in the paper & most of the people there made it a helmet issuse cause he was not wearing his , & one of the guys who posted said there were behind him he was running like the wind like he always rode & to fast for the slite curve in the rode 517 west of 146 for chuck & cardboard , he went on the shoulder & hit a sign with his face/head so don't think a full face or any other helmet would have help him , Yes he had been drinking beer it was about 4 am & on his way home , Like I've said in two other post here mitch rode hard & drank hard & lived his way , always had a smile & never made trouble while drinking , hell even both of his X wifes stood up for him on the o-bit post :cool:
  13. Tommyc

Tommyc Active Member

I'm glad there are good memories of Mitch~! That is important.
    I never met him but he sounds like he was fun to be around~! I am the same way. I love to ride fast and hard, and party the same way!
    We all have to die sometime and it's never pretty.
    I hate when people start soap boxing saying, "He sould have done this or he shouldn't have done that". All that BS just doesn't matter.
    The good times and those memories left behind are what should be on mind. RIP Mitch!