1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Bad hand

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cowboy, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Tiny86

Tiny86 New Member

Hay Cowboy just go old school and go suicide clutch. My machine shop buddy got his hand caught in a mill messed up his clutch hand we manufactured a foot clutch and jockey shift on his 08 FLHTX street glide and it works great no more pain and its cool looking too:D
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

that would be a fairly easy build!!!!
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

The EZ clutch from kenfusied showed up today , so I'am going to try it frist , if that work do it the the jocky shift will , many yrs ago I rode a knuck with the rocker clutch pedel Now that was a trick when dricking back then:rolleyes:
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

one word... Loctite!

Should work easy, get a trans cover gasket, also before you put it all together remove the clutch cable, place the spacer on the cable and see how many threads you have showing through the spacer. Be sure there is enough clearance with the spacer on between the trans cover, any mounts and the frame/oil pump area.

Dougs RK is an evo and has an oil pump that for some stupid reason they left with nice sharp square edges, so with the ez pull it put the cable right up on that edge and it would cut the cover on the cable...

So trial fit it all

Also a little trick, you'll have to drain the trans if you do it on a life (because if you don't when you pull off that cover, it will drain, so if you are ready to change fluids, go for it, but if not.

Lay two 2x6 on the floor and pull the front and rear tire up on the boards, then tilt over on the side stand, this forces the oil over to the other side and you won't have that big a mess....
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Thank's HRK , I just have a jack for now , so the board trick might work out better :cool: