1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Barnett Scorpion Clutch

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by JohnnyBiker, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

I like the Dyna Super Glide Custom. Thats likely going to be my next monthly payment I add to the budget...;)
  2. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Go to a Harley Demo days where the factory truck comes out.
    Ride a Super Glide that you like.
    Then git off it and ride a Dyna FatBob.
    Tell me the difference.

I have rode one over, and over, and over for more than one year.
    The Dyna Fatbob is the best riding Dyna made.

I would want one with a 103 motor.

3. Roadster guy

Demo days coming up next month, I'll see if I can get the day booked off. Just like the Super Glide look best. Not crazy about the Fat Bob rear fender.
  4. cardboard

I don't like the new chopped off rear fat bob fender. I'd probably be on the hunt for a 2012 model, low milage with the 103 motor.
    But ride one.
    I thought when I 1st rode one that I wouldn't like it. And the handle bars sucked.
    But when I rode it I fell in love with it.
    The fat tires and non spoke wheels really makes it ride and handle very good.
    And the two headlights work great at nite.
    The handle bars are great at handling the bike.
    I like that it was one of the 1st dynes with dual disc front brakes too.
    Much better stopping power.

HD puts Demo Days on for you to try bikes. You'd be supprised at how many people got their eye on a bike and go ride it and it just wasn't want they wanted.
    HD has Demo days. Take a helmet, boots, gloves and sunglasses with you.
    And your motorcycle license.
    No motorcycle license, no ride their bike.

I promise you you will like the heck out of the Dyna Fat Bob. And the bike gits up and screames.
    Ride and handling on the curves and interstate is great too.

But its up to you to ride both bikes and deceide that.
  5. Roadster guy

H-D Demo days is what made me buy a Kawi years ago. Wanted a Dyna, but had a Sportster budget. Went to Demo ride, got a Sportster 48 to try, first time I ever wanted to finish a demo ride early. What a POS! Vibrated, rattled, couldn't even read the speedo it shook so bad. Left the dealer and bought my used Kawi Drifter later that week. A couple summers with that, went back to H-D and bought my Roadster used in early March. No test ride due to 4 feet of snow. Took a chance on another Sporty and loved it. Has dual disc brakes and a tach with the Roadster pkg, big selling points for me. I have to say, for looks, quality, and ability to modify the bike Harley wins over the others. Also have a crush on the Triumph Thruxton. Maybe someday...
  6. cardboard

The reason I was pointing you to a bigger size bike that will run smoother. A 103 engine.
    And with the 103 engine you get the new ratio transmission that runs smoother on the interstate.
    The Dyna Fatbob with the 103 engine will scream.
    Its a light bike.
    If I could get a 2nd bike in a couple years. I want the dyna fat bob with the 103 motor.
    Saving the money now.
    Want it to wake up more.
    Put a set of Woods 222 cams in it and a Power Vision. The woods 222 cams will really wake the bike up. Might scare you. If you was gonna do a build later on I'd say to get the Woods 555 cams, with the SE tapered Quick install pushrods.
    I'd get all of it from Fuelmoto. Then you get free map support.
  7. Roadster guy

Man, you are preaching to the choir. I like the two bike idea, and Johnnybiker does it already with the Sportster for ripping around and the RG for longer runs and family rides. Kind of worried if I go Dyna, the Sportster will just sit. I'll likely wait another year before anything happens anyway, but if I can get some time off, the Ride event will have to go on the calendar.
    I could always tell the wife the Sportster would be for her in case she ever rides again...;)
  8. cardboard

Riding the fat bob with a 103
    Put it on the curves
    Put it on the interstate
    And tell me you want a sports yer
    Been there
    Done that