1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Batteries

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by scout943, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Ultra Al

Ultra Al New Member

That's exactly why I bought the Oddesy I had my Fat Boy with me up in Co. where I was working and i had to store it in a non heated garage. I still kept a Tender on it. It got so cold all my polish actually froze but the battery stayed charged and fired the bike right up when it thawed out enough to ride. Al
  2. AZroaddust

AZroaddust New Member

No Warning

One thing I did notice, and I think somebody else mentioned it awhile back, is that when my MC battery died it was a quck and painless death. It worked great on a Friday Evening. On Saturday morning lillies were growing out of it!!

I can tell with my car when the battery is starting to wear down (slow crank, etc.) but NO WARNING on the bike. If this is usually true, changing on a pre-scheduled predictive maintenance basis might be good.

Mine was 5 years old when it croaked, and that surprises me being in AZ. I think I'll bite the bullet and replace every 4 years to be safe.:)
  3. fxdxriderleo

fxdxriderleo Active Member

i like the "maintianance free" batteries. no acid to leak and corrode parts, ruin paint. the one in my 03 lasted four years. i didnt have the cash for a hd replacement but had a walmart charge card. got a maintianance free battery from walmart. came with an acid jug with six small compartments. pull off zip strip pour all six into battery at once. seal battery with the strip that is included. charge up, install, works good. it should be almost as good as the hd battery.about the same price.
  4. ringo912

ringo912 Active Member

5. ringo912

ringo912 Active Member

Well I guess everything goes up. The one I got for $109.00 1 1/2 years ago is now $137.00. So it looks like Sunn Battery has a good price.
  6. Art_NJr

Art_NJr New Member

Those aren't "maintanence free" batteries but are the same type I've been getting from the local NAPA store. You can pull the "zip strip" off & add a bit of distilled water if necessary & in hot climates you'll need to. But I much prefer those batteries because you can check 'em & top 'em off if need be & they're certainly less expensive than the sealed batteries you can't.