1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Be Cafeful what you say to a Police officer

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Aug 13, 2008.

1. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

When I was a cop, nobody, I mean nobody ever made a stop unless they were doing at least 15 over....thats minimum. The reason was cause if you write a whole bunch of BS 5 & 10 over tickets the judges (at least in Cook County) think you are a weenie & will throw out everything you write...even the good stuff...I dont know how it is by you but in the Chicagoland area there is just too much crap going on to be writing 5 & 10 over. As far as I'm concerned if a copper pulled you over & told you it was because you were doing 5 over, its either one of 2 things...1: he's just a weenie or 2: (the more likely scenario) he was looking for something else...maybe hoping you were suspended/revoked or holdin some drugs.
  2. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I was just went to put my bike in the garage - took about an hour. I came up with another good (I think) line to use:

I'm sorry officer, it's just too nice of an evening to be stuck behind a Subaru.

He'd have to agree, wouldn't he?
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Hot

Just say to him "my ex ran off with a police officer"
    when they say what"
    you say " though you were bringing him back":roflmao: