1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Be careful out there

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by AZroaddust, Feb 1, 2008.

1. fireitup

fireitup New Member

Marbles

Thats a good idea with the marble fling thing. They can't see it. And you do need a witness to confirm a story. :D that comes from the law. :D fireitup
  2. AZroaddust

AZroaddust New Member

Indeed, AZ is "A Right to Carry State". Therefore my IMI Baby Eagle 9mm usually is on my hip, BUT even showing it in a menacing way (either real or perceived by another person) is a crime, so ya gotta be careful!

I'm really tempted to ride around w/ my tricked out Mini14 with a 20 or 30 round magazine in it, but just showing that would cause so many cell calls to the cops, they'd find a way to nail me just for having it.

In short, if you're gonna pack, do so responsibly and don't threaten people or you will lose your right to bear arms. :gah:
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

very,VERY true!!!
  4. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

:wtf:
    All I can say is if there is any justice at all in this world, and any bike hits a damn nail in the road that you or your cronies drop I sure as hell hope it is you or one of them that gets it. Maybe then you will give a little more thought and be more respectful of other bikers. :mad:

As far as guns go I am opposed to using them to intimidate other people no matter how much they need it. This only adds fuel to the fire to take away one means of protection from honest folks. It is this sort of thing that gives the Brady crowd more fuel, not to mention putting bikers in a negative light even more than they are now. Being a NRA handgun instructor and having spent many years growing up shooting I can guarantee a handgun round from a moving motorcycle is not as accurate as a pissed off diver in a deathmachine cage. Some jerk on a bike drawls or shows me a handgun in an attempt to intimidate me WILL get fed my bumper just as hard as I can run it up his ass. I am sure a good lawyer could get me out of the trouble with a selfdefense plea since that EVIL biker had a gun and threatened me, and I had no other idea what to do. Anyone sees my handgun they are a friend who I am allowing to see it in a friendly gesture or a corpse standing. Don't drawl unless something is going to be dead to prevent you from being so. :cussing: ok rant off sorry but this stuff really torques my nuts :gah:

The marble or rock thing on the other hand I like better, but don't forget even with a busted grill or windshield that deathtrap won't be stopped. You just might piss off someone who is already having a REALLY bad day. For me it just ain't worth it, get over let the ******* around you and enjoy the rest of your ride and life.

Besides that this thread has been way highjacked since it was about some dip**** doing 150 into the ass of a cage. My thoughts are it was the genepool cleansing itself.
  5. maxpower_hd

maxpower_hd Active Member

So the jerk behind gets nails and your buddy that is a few miles back playing catch up for some reason eats it and that's OK? That's just not cool even if you DON'T know the other biker a few miles back.
  6. AZroaddust

AZroaddust New Member

:roflmao: Funny how that seems to happen sometimes, eah?

I agree with you on the "getting even" part, especially w/ a firearm. That's why I posted the caution: Don't even simulate intimidation comments, so to speak! I value my 2nd ammendment rights and do not want to jeapordize them.

Sounds like some anger management classes might be a good thing for some folks.

NRA Life Member
  7. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Me no angry, me TIRED of ignorance......see my sig line it sums it up well for me. I see it from every walk of life, everyday. I sometimes wonder how the human race has lasted on this planet and the dinosaur couldn't make it. People are sooooo dang smart to know nothing.
  8. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

JMO

It's not wise to upset the driver of a two ton or more 4 door, steel enclosed mobile killing machine when you are on a two wheeled open sided non protected machine.

Regardless of the reason, if they get really mad, you loose your life.

Down here we have a law that eliminates the "flee first" rule that the liberal courts used to force law abiding citizens to have to consider how to get out of a bad situation before defending themselves with force.

So if you do anything that could be considered hostle and threatening, basically they can shoot you and walk away. (well not literally but you get the point)

No matter how bad a guy you are if you look imposing and like trouble well all the better for the defense of the guy that squashed you on your bike.

He'll just claim it was an accident, nobody will stop to witness it, nobody wants to get involved.

In short, eff em, lifes to short, ride on, get away from them and have a great ride, don't let the bast'ds get you down, or put you down.
  9. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

amen to that. the car will win, and keep on going. i just thank god i don't have that sort of stuff going on around here:D , sounds like hell where you guys are riding:devil: think i'd move rather than get killed or end up in prison. i own guns but have rarely carried one, mine are strickly for hunting and sport. i just never have had people trying to kill me. keep in mind it's the ******* driving you want, not his passengers, kids, other vechicles. sometimes you just have to say "F" it and let it go and enjoy the rest of your ride
  10. drillsarge

drillsarge Active Member

I was riding to my daughter's house after class one evening. She and I had a com class together and she was following me cause she didn't trust some of the RICHARD CRANIUM drivers we have in Lexington, Ky. Sure enough she pulls up beside me and says she was gettin' behind me cause some RICHARD in an SUV was tailgaitin.
  11. fujimo

fujimo New Member

wakeup

when have you ever saw a nail cause a blowout or wreck ,,,, it will deflate a tire,,, the last flat i had ,,,was two nails in tire,,, did not blow out but got darn squishy,,,, last blowout was at 65 plus outside rapid city s.d.,,,did not go down,,, two up,,,, you or one of your others may wreck because of nail,,,but probably because canot fell loss of air in seat of your pants...you are right about brandishing marbles ,,rocks,,,guns,,, or whatever,,,, going to do it to wrong person,,,will regret,,for however long you happen to survive,,,, you meet all kinds of idiots on the road,,,last we experienced was truck in virginia in 2006,,,,,14 of us running staggered in right lane,,, truck got really close to last rider,,,, i do not know what he did,,,flip him off or what,,,but he went by us at 65 plus pulled into right shoulder and showered us with rocks and all debri there happened to be there,,,, chipped the crap out of 14 bikes and 3 cars,,,, pulled over ,,,made call to police ,,,he was never caught,,,so much for gestures marbles etc.....he may have done same thing if i had dropped nails,,,,but truck tire costs to stop and repair,,,,some satisfaction there,,,pops
  12. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

well, this is my thought on this....

Attached Files:

13. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

I need a sticker of that chuck:roflmao: :eek: :roflmao: